Chapter 36- Saying Goodbye

It’s the last chapter, sniff :( I will be posting one more chapter after this telling you what will happen after and when the next chapter will be up. I will also be telling you who my new editor is and I will give them the props they deserve. But for now enjoy this last chapter; it is SHORTER than the others.

Chapter 36

Date: November 6

Location: Hotel in Bucharest, Romania

Time: 10:31 a.m.

It hadn’t taken long at all for the video take the world by storm. It hadn’t taken long for people to notice that Lockstar didn’t like that they had a fraud in the group and exiled him. It hadn’t taken long for the police to find Michael X and put him behind bars.

Even though I couldn’t understand the language I could clearly understand the videos of men in uniforms pushing Michael towards the car and him wearing an emotionless mask. Everyone thought it was a victory, I knew it was fake.

Things were happening too smoothly too efficient, Lockstar was crumbling in mere seconds and more than half of its agents were already locked in jail due to Lucky Criminal, this included Lucia and Chris. I wanted to speak out against their imprisonment but kept my mouth shut knowing that the person behind this would be watching.

Maybe I was being paranoid, maybe I was being realistic but one thing is for certain, nothing ever came this easily to us, ever. Sure the release of the video gave people a drive to take down Lockstar because the people they had come to fear and hate were actually just a bunch of cowards. Yes now most of the buyers were behind bars along with the agents and the few that managed to escape are probably in hiding and won’t bother anyone anymore. There was no leader, no more tyrant to terrorize the world and they celebrated that fact.

But the point is that there still was.

M.L.A was still out there and I doubted that he would just lay down as his empire fell to ashes.

Yet it did and so quickly too. Could it be possible for this human trafficking business to fall so easily? I never saw Lockstar going down without a fight, I imagined that every agent would go down kicking and screaming.

I watched more agents pictures flash across the screen and clutched the remote a little tighter when Lucia and Chris’s pictures came up. More flew across the screen with the reporter talking in gibberish when the familiar picture of a grey haired woman came up wearing a doctor’s coat.

It took a few seconds for me to remember that it was Cynthia, the doctor who risked her life to help us get out of the prison. The more the pictures passed the more my brain tried desperately to make a connection.

“Let it go,” Iris said sitting on the couch next to me. “It’s over.”

But for some reason my mind and body just couldn’t accept that. After two years of blood, tears, deaths, betrayals, crime, everything, it couldn’t just be over. My body couldn’t seem to process it and I couldn’t find the closure I desperately wanted.

I shook my head and repeated that it was indeed over and Lockstar was close to crumbling and my work was done. I shut off the television and leant back rubbing my tense neck trying to relax when the others came in looking slightly exhausted from our long night last night.

We had gotten back around 10 p.m. and I had immediately gotten to work converting the video to be able to play on popular websites and be accessible to anyone anywhere. It had taken a mere ten minutes but no one dared go to bed as we watched the still screen. Every few seconds I would refresh it and the ratings started going up slowly until they sky rocketed and it was getting thousands of views per minute.