Chapter 9- Lighthouses and Dresses

Chapter 9

Date: August 3rd

Time: 1: 46 p.m.

Location: In car driving to …. Wherever.

I can’t say things have been wonderful or even calm but they have certainly been interesting. It was like john and Valentin had reversed roles of when Valentin first joined the group. John refused to talk to me and Valentin always seemed to be there and our hateful relationship was almost nonexistent, emphasis on almost.

Currently I am in a car with Iris, Maria, and Fran and we are following the boys in the other car to an unknown location. Valentin hadn’t said anymore about the place that we were going to other than it would be a good place to hide out for the time being.

After we settled in wherever we were going we would go out shopping to buy some necessities, one of them being a computer. I practically had the shakes from being away from a computer for so long but I pushed down my addiction. Sure I had lived the first three months in Lockstar without a computer but I was almost comatose then, I had given up, things had certainly changed now.

“Where do you think he’s taking us?” Maria asked from the back seat and I shrugged keeping my eyes on the road as I tailed him.

“Somewhere dark and sinister where he likes to hide all the bodies of his victims!” Iris shouted in her best scary movie voice and I rolled my eyes at her. “Hey it could happen.”

“And I’m sure that that would be exactly where he is taking us,” I say sarcastically giving her a side long glance.

“Well wherever it is, it’s pretty off the maps,” Fran said rechecking the big paper map in her hands. “Who knew Oregon had so many trees.”

And it wasn’t just trees we raced by, animals hid close by the road and scattered when they heard the approach of a car. When trees or humungous rolling hills weren’t blocking the way there was a beautiful beach with calm waves. This place certainly was beautiful even though it had been raining ever since the moment we got here.

I saw Valentin signal left and go off of the road and look to go right into the forest. I slowed almost to a stop and turned the same way he did hoping that the rental car would be able to go over the rocky path. Rocks had fallen on it and the path looked like it hadn’t been driven on for at least a year. More trees started closing in on us and I started to feel slightly claustrophobic as we headed on.

The path branched out a few minutes later and we were soon on the regular blacktop again. Fran looked around confused, as did Maria and Iris as to where the hell we had just gone. A sign that was quickly approaching read Florence, Oregon that had a staggering population of 8270 in what seemed like a small town.

The rain seemed to ease up a little to allow us a better view of the place. On the right side a great beach with white sand accompanied with crystal blue water. No one was out there because of the rain but now as it eased up I could see people edging out. Even further out I saw a light house that was very close to a grand mansion that looked to be better suited for some A-list celebrity in Hollywood.

On the left side trees dominated the road and barely kept from swallowing it whole. Green blurred together as we raced down the street before finally slowing to a stop at the first light. We passed through the main part of town but didn’t stop and it didn’t seem like we were ever going to.

After making a few more complicated twists and turns we sped down a road that had the perfect view of the light house that I had seen earlier and in front was the grand mansion. It looked to have four floors on the top alone and was made with rich cherry wood that looked like it was freshly polished. Stairs that looked like they were made of marble led up to two grand doors that looked to be made of black wood.