Breaking up always sucks

Kaolin’s P.O.V

I walked outside heading back to the direction of the ladies restroom, but was surprised to see Heath waiting there with a smirk. I gulped out of nervousness, but what was I afraid of?

“I saw Madison. She was crying.” He quirked an eyebrow.

Shit. “Uh, yeah.”

“Did you do something to provoke her?” He questioned.

I scratched my head. “Nothing really. Rose and I were just fooling around in the ferris wheel.” I said casually.

He nodded. “I know how that can be.”

Rose’s P.O.V

“I think Kaolin is starting to have feelings for you.” Sam said the words with her eyes closed, but she acted as if it were bad to say them aloud.

“That’s completely ridiculous and impossible. If you don’t want to tell me what you two speak about, it’s fine.” I shrugged.

She shook her head. “No, no!” She grabbed my arm. “I’m just telling you about my own suspicion. I don’t think you really want to know what we talk about.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Why not?”

Her face turned red and she bit her lip shyly. “Because Kaolin’s been telling me what I can do to, uh. . .” She trailed off, rubbing her arm.

“Oh my god! Is he giving you sexual tips?” I said the words bitterly.

She covered her face embarrassed, but nodded. “I didn’t who else to go too! I mean, Heath is the first person I plan to sleep with and I’ve been so afraid to take those steps to get him into bed.”

I stared at her wide eyed. “You mean you haven’t slept with him yet?” I asked shocked.

She nodded. “Heath said he doesn’t want to treat me like all the other girls he’s been with and he wants to wait before we take those physical steps.”

“Yeah, but haven’t you guys been together for like two months now?”

She smiled. “It’ll be three this week.”

“How long did he say he’ll wait?” I was so interested because Heath never took extra precaution for anything, so the fact that he was doing it with Sam meant she is extremely important to him.

“He said he wants to wait until we’ve at least made eight months, but if he can wait longer he will.”

I almost laughed. “Do you want to wait that long?”

She looked down as if she were thoughtfully reviewing the circumstances. “I don’t know. I mean, I feel like I’m ready, but at the same time I want to respect his wishes. If he’s taking this seriously I should too, right?”

She looked up at me for guidance.

I patted her shoulder. “Look, I can’t tell you much, but I think you should just do whatever you feel is right.” I smiled.

“Alright.”

I sighed. “Kaolin didn’t physically give you these pointers, did he?”

Her eyes opened startlingly wide. “Oh god no! I would never.”

“You wouldn’t, but he would.” I frowned.

She grabbed my hand and held it. We sat at a table after we got a burger. Sam was rubbing her finger over my knuckle. “Kaolin’s been really worried about you and the whole Carter situation, and I don’t think it’s because he’s concerned that you’ll get hurt.”