Configuration

Hey everyone! This chapter's really short, but I wanted to post something up! So enjoy & please tell me what you think of this story :) thanks!

Kaolin’s P.O.V

I kissed Rose forcefully before I walked off. I don’t know what came over me, but I wanted to make sure Carter stood away from her. Something wasn’t right with Carter. Or maybe it was the fact that he wasn’t right for Rose. I mean, she’s a good girl. Way too good to be messing around with the likes of Carter.

I headed down to the top floor of our high school where the seniors usually hang. It sucked having a free period in the morning. I usually help out in the office, but lately I haven’t really been focused on anything. My mind keeps drifting to different scenarios. “Hey, Kaolin.” Sammie called after me.

Turned to face her. I had to admit, she was absolutely stunning. Heath sure was lucky. “Hey, Sammie.” I smiled at her.

“So how was the date?” She asked me as she led me to a window where we could sit.

I sat down beside her, cautiously glancing around. “It was alright.” I said calmly.

She titled her head to the side and studied me with a smile. “So Madison didn’t see you guys?” She questioned.

I smirked. “Now, is this what all the hullabaloo is about?” I teased.

She giggled. “I just want to know some details, is all.” She said nonchalantly.

I nodded. “If I tell you about the date can you answer some questions for me?” I bargained.

She thought about it for a moment. “Depends on what kid of questions.” She replied.

I chuckled. “Touché.”

“Okay, so what happened with Madison?” She asked.

I cleared my throat. “Well she dumped water on me and Rose when she saw us kissing. Then she said she didn’t believe that we were in love with each other.” I said casually.

Sam’s eyes widened. “Water? Love? What?” She asked exasperated.

I laughed. “Yeah.”

She looked off surprised. “So do you really feel like that about Rose?” She asked shyly.

I thought about it for a moment. I wasn’t exactly sure how I felt about the situation, and I didn’t want to give it any thought. “No.”

She frowned. “Oh.”

“Does she love me?” I asked, suddenly getting nervous.

Sam shook her head. “I wouldn’t know. Rose isn’t an easy shell to crack.” She joked.

I smirked. “Tell me about it.”

Sammie smiled and gawked at me. “What else happened?”

“I messed up her chances with Carter.” I grinned.

Sam gasped. “Why would you do that?” She scowled.

“Because guys like him aren’t for her.” I said defensively.

She giggled. “Why is that?”

“Because he’ll only want her for sex.” I looked away.

Sam stood and patted my knee. “For someone who says they don’t love her, you sure are defensive.” She said before walking off.

“Hey, I didn’t finish asking my questions!” I shouted after her, but she continues to stray away. I sank back thinking. Why was I so defensive of Rose?

Rose’s P.O.V

“She did what?” Ashley ranted. “Oh! When I see that stupid little slut! I’ll kill her!”

I laughed. “Relax. She only did that because she was upset about Kaolin.” I tried to comfort her. Ironically she was the one that was suppose to be giving me this talk.

“That doesn’t excuse the fact that it happened, Rose.” Caleb sounded uninterested.

“I know, but what really bothered me was the fact that he tried to ruin any chance Carter and I have.” They both watched me carefully.

“Are you interested in Carter?” Caleb asked quietly.

I sighed. “I don’t know, but you guys are always telling me to try to be happy with someone else?”

They were both silent. Suddenly the bell rang. I got up to leave. I couldn’t wait for lunch. I was starving and I really needed a break from everyone else. I headed out to my locker. I opened my locker and dumped my books inside. I felt two arms wrap around my waist. “Hey, baby.” Kaolin whispered into my ear. I giggled and blushed.

I turned to face him. “You can’t just do things like that.” I said pushing his shoulder. He smirked.

“Why? Am I getting to you?” He mocked. I scowled at him before he closed the space in between us and kissed me. Instinctively, I kissed him back. He brought me closer to him and shoved his tongue in my mouth. I couldn’t suppress the moan that escaped my throat, but I brought Kaolin impossibly closer to me. His hands lowered to my ass and squeezed it. I laughed against his lips before I pushed him away. He chuckled.

“Aw, come on, baby. I was just getting into it.” He said, cupping my cheek.

I placed my hands on his chest, trying to create some space in between us. “If I didn’t know any body I would think someone’s enjoying themselves?” I arched an eyebrow.

He smirked. “Of course I am.” He slide his hands back down to my ass and cupped it. “Who wouldn’t want to feel this?”

He brought his lips against mine and brushed against them. “Ahem.” Someone called from behind us. Kaolin released me and stepped back so I could see Heath. He glared at Kaolin. “Taking things to the extremes, I see?”

Kaolin laughed. “Well, tap kissed on the cheek won’t impress anyone, Heath.” He said unaffected.

I nodded. “Yeah, we know it’s a joke. Relax.” I said grabbing Kaolin’s hand, walking off.

“Where are you going?” Heath called after us.

“To have lunch with my boyfriend.” I grumbled.

Heath chuckled before he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “Thanks girlfriend.” He teased.

“Don’t get to comfortable.” I rolled my eyes. We headed down stairs quietly.

Once we got our food, Kaolin led me to a tree on the outskirts of the football field. “So what was with the random outburst of defensiveness against Heath?” He asked shoving fries in his mouth.

I sighed, stirring my lemonade. “I’m just tired of Heath trying to rule my life. Not today anyway.”

Surprisingly, Kaolin reached over my tray and grabbed my hand. “I can only guess what that feels like.” He gave me a sad smile.

I observed him for a moment before I heard the voices of the other students. I frowned. Kaolin squeezed my hand, but I figured it out. He was doing this because other students were here. I pushed those thoughts aside and moved forward to kiss his lips. He watched me carefully. “I love you, Kaolin.”

-Comment & Vote

-Become a fan(maybe?)