Kaolin, getting possesive?

Rose’s P.O.V

Kaolin stared off at Carter before his gaze switched to me. “What was Carter speaking to you about?”

I smiled. “Are we jealous?” I mocked. He scoffed and gave me a horrified look.

“Why would I be?” He said as if it weren’t obvious that I was Health’s stupid little sister.

I rolled my eyes. “Right.” I said calmly before getting up.

Kaolin frowned. “Why are you getting up? I just got us a bottle of sparkling cider.” He pouted

I studied him for a moment before I laughed. “Why would you do that? Madison is gone and there’s no one else to convince.” I said gathering my bag.

He nudged me back down. “That doesn’t mean I shouldn’t thank you.” He said softly.

I squinted. “Don’t tell me you’re trying to keep me here because Heath’s having sex with Sam.” I said coiling my face in disgust.

He laughed loudly. “I actually hadn’t thought of that, but maybe we should stay out late for them.”

I smiled, resting back against the patio’s deck. I watched the night’s sky as Kaolin settled back down. “What are you thinking?” He asked me.

I looked back down at him. He was pouring a cup for me. “Nothing in particular.” I answered.

He gawked at me. “I’m having a hard time believing you.” He smirked.

I giggled. “Can I ask you something?” I said grasping the cup.

He smirked. “You just did.”

I rolled my eyes. “Did you ever feel anything for Madison?” I asked.

Shocked by my question, Kaolin choked on his cider. He studied me as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. “What?” He asked, his face curtly twisted.

“Did you ever feel anything for Madison?” I repeated.

He sighed, setting the glass down on the table. “Not really, I guess. I mean, I was attracted to her.” His green eyes seemed sharper than usual. I tried to shift my gaze somewhere else, but the wind made his brown hair blow. I wish I could run my fingers through it. “Not the answer you expected?” He guessed after the moments of silence.

I shook my head laughing lightly. “I wouldn’t expect otherwise from you, Kaolin.” I sipped some cider.

He scowled. “What are you trying to say?” He said spitefully.

“Nothing. It’s just that you have a tendency to be a slut.” I said flatly.

He roared into a fit of laughter. “How could you say that to me?” He questioned, placing a hand over his heart, pretending he was hurt.

“Well, it’s true.” I said drinking cider.

He smiled crookedly. “I have needs.” He said defensively.

I snorted. “Even then that doesn’t give you the right to sleep with anything that moves.”

He laughed. “Firstly, I don’t sleep. I fuck. And secondly, I don’t fuck everything that moves.”

“Oh yeah, I’d like to see the proof!” I bantered.

“Well, we haven’t hooked up, have we?” He quirked a teasing eyebrow. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as the anger boiled in me.

“That’s because I wouldn’t let you in my pants.” I rebuffed.

He chuckled. “If I really wanted to, Rose, I would’ve down you a long time ago.” He said uninterested.