Aftermath

Rose’s P.O.V

After I left Kaolin down the block, I ran inside. I went straight to my room and cried. I know what I did was right. It wasn’t right for me to be with Kaolin when I had feelings for him and it was never fair for us to hurt Madison, but now Carter was involved and the fact that Kaolin and he were making me some sort of prize only made me feel like I was Madison.

I’m not exactly sure how school will play out, but I know it was going to be difficult. I didn’t want to deal with anything now. So I just decided that I would sleep for now.

I woke up in the middle of the night to my phone vibrating. “Hello?” I answered.

“Hey, Rose. Are you alright?” It was Ashley.

I sobbed. “I broke up with Kaolin.”

“Oh gosh. Why?” She sounded concerned.

“Because it didn’t feel right to do this anymore. I was just a game for him. A game he and Carter started a long time ago. It was one thing for him to stay away from Madison, but this is too much, Ash.”

“It’s alright. You did the right thing for yourself, Rose. I’m proud of you.”

>>THE NEXT DAY<<

I went downstairs to find the house completely empty. Heath was probably at Sam’s place and mom and dad were who knows where. I sighed and went to the kitchen. I drank a cup of grape juice before I heard the doorbell ring. I walked down my hall not daring to look in the mirror because I knew that my hair would be messed up and my eyes would be puffy. I opened the door to find my worst nightmare there. Kaolin. He gazed at me and his face completely fell.

“What happened to you?” He came in and

I felt his hands roam over my face, softly. I felt my body respond and condemned myself for being so foolish.

“Nothing. Stop touching me.” I slapped away his hands. He looked so torn, but hauled himself back.

“Oh, sorry. I guess I’m use to it.” He muttered. He cleared his throat. “Where’s your brother?”

I tore my eyes away from his and shifted them to the floor. “I don’t know.”

“Are you home alone?” He shut the door behind him.

I closed my eyes. “Yeah, and I want to keep it that way.”

He looked hurt. “You’re kicking me out?”

I nodded. “Look, I think it’s best if we’re separate. People might get the wrong idea.”

“Well, Heath and Sam knew we weren’t really together.”

“Yeah, but everyone else might think something especially since he isn’t here.”

“It doesn’t matter,” he tried to convince me.

Kaolin’s P.O.V

“Kaolin, I just want you to leave me alone.” I felt my heart sink.

“Why?” I tried to bite back my anger.

“Because I need my space!”She said before pushing me out the door. I stared blankly at the door with my jaw clenched. That fucking bitch. I stormed back to my car and road off. Why does she need space from me? We both knew that this relationship was fake.

Rose’s P.O.V

I slid down the door and sighed. Why did he have to come here? I mean, did he really think that things will be fine in just an instant? I got up and headed upstairs. This was going to be a long day.