The Stone Jewel and the Demonic River

I could smell the demonic aura from the river as we walked.  I could see why his mother called it a demonic one, because the smell was so foul. “Jaken, stay here with Rin.” Sesshomaru said suddenly without stopping. Jaken did as ordered and I followed him through the trees. This was the first time we had been alone since the day before when he trained me to better use my sword. I had tried since then to not think of him pinning me against the tree. However, since I constantly saw him it was a little harder to forget.

            The closer we got to it, the more I felt the aura grow stronger. It was an overpowering smell. I could hear the sound of rushing water before long, and as we stepped through the clearing I looked at the purple liquid flowing through the land. My mouth opened at the sight, I had never seen anything like it before. “What is it?” I asked getting closer to it. Sesshomaru put out his arm, warning me to mind my distance.

            “Myasthma...” he looked as far up the river as he could then as far down. “The river is tainted.” He said as he started walking down the way the river was running. I looked in the direction as saw a faint glowing light, remembering what the demoness said about the glowing. We followed it down until we came to a smaller lake. It was one of the smallest lakes I had ever seen, so small that I didn’t know if it would be defined as a lake.

            I saw the glowing in the middle of the lake and tilted my head. How were we supposed to get it? We both stopped at the edge and I saw Sesshomaru’s eyes looking over the area. It was clear he was thinking the same thing. Sesshomaru bounded off the shore and I watched in astonishment as he dropped into the liquid right above the shine. I could see the bubbling and hear the sizzle of his burning skin as he entered it. “Sesshomaru!” I yelled worriedly. I knew that he was strong and proud, but even whatever this was had to be too much for him. “Sesshomaru!” I yelled again after a moment. The liquid around where he was started to shake and swirl, making the entire lake churn.

            I looked up and raised my head, trying to figure out where he was. My eyes darted back and forth searching for him. “Sesshomaru…” I said as he was clutching the jewel, a barrier surrounding him as he floated up. His armor was burnt, and the edges of his kimono and furs where gone, tattered, and torn.  His hands were burnt terribly, and he breathing was very shallow. The barrier was starting to flicker, and it was obvious the jewel was powered by the river’s liquid. It took him above the land and then disappeared completely, and for the first time I had ever seen, Sesshomaru didn’t land on his feet.

            I ran toward him and dropped to my knees. His hands were on the ground, keeping him from falling flat as one knee and one foot was against the ground. He was staring at the stone beneath his face and I put my hands on his on his shoulders. “Are you alright Sesshomaru?” I asked nervously. “Why did you do that?” I asked with a shaky voice from worry. He looked up at me with red eyes and I stepped back shocked.

            I took a breath in as his head went back down and his breathing was getting worse and his arms were starting to shake. “Sesshomaru answer me!” I shook him lightly and he looked up and growled at me angrily. I started to panic not knowing what I was going to do if he died. “Here…” I said as I grabbed his arm ready for him to take the demonic aura from me again. He snatched his arm back and I watched as his teeth grew larder. “You need it!” I yelled.

            “I will kill you!” he snarled up at me.

            “I don’t care!” I yelled back and forced his hand through my stomach. I felt as searing pain shot through my nerves and blood spurted out over his arm and on my bare stomach. I watched as the aura from my wound seeped out and absorbed into him, and his face slowly started changing back to normal. I felt as the pain pulsated through me. His hand was thrusted back out of my stomach and he looked at me with gritted teeth and a hung head.