Memories of a Black Haired Human

Hello Everyone! I would like to point out that I will rarely be writing in Sesshomaru's POV. This is because he is a complex person and I always imagined his thought process is also very complex. I will usually only write as him to define a few things. I would also like to point out that a lot of time passes between each chapter, so the feelings can come a little quicker and the story could move faster. Thanks and leave me some reviews if you like the story and would like me to continue writing it!

_______________________________________________________________________

            We were walking up a mountain and I wasn’t even breaking a sweat. Jaken and Rin had gotten on Ah and Un about an hour ago. Sesshomaru wouldn’t give in and tell us why we were going to see his mother, and by the way Jaken talked about her, they rarely saw her. I wondered what she was like. I had never heard him talk about his parents before. I wanted to ask about his father and his childhood, but he didn’t seem like the type of person to dwell on the past.

            I heard a song being sung by a bird above us. I looked up and stopped as it flew in circles around me happy and free. Suddenly my vision started to go black as a different vision appeared. I was hurt, and I could feel the pain in my stomach. I held my hand up and saw blood covering my hand. I looked up with tears in my eyes and saw a man. He was tall with long black hair and a red kimono with his sword drawn. I could smell the sweat and his human aura. He wore something around his wrist, a beaded bracelet. Something about it made me wary.

            The image then changed and I started to feel weak in the knees. I was in a clearing with the same man; we were sitting side by side as a bird fed her children in a nest above us. I looked at him, and I felt different, instead of fear and sadness I felt love for him…a human. My eyes started to tingle as the image changed again. I was walking with him down a dirt path. I was smiling and I felt warm and happy, but it changed in an instant when I looked up and saw a woman. The visions disappeared before I could get a good look at her. I blinked my eyes and I was kneeling on the ground with my hands in the dirt for support.

            I saw a knee and a foot in front of me, white pants ballooned outward as I looked up to find Sesshomaru in front of me. His mouth was in a thin line and his eyes were…worried? His eyes searched mine as I felt the water drying on my face. “I…I’m fine.” I said looking at him as I wiped my face with the back of my hand.

            “What happened Lady Yuzuki?” Rin asked as she turned around on Ah-Un and leaned over his saddle.

            “Just a few memories…it was a lot to take in at once.” I stood up as Sesshomaru did and rubbed my hand against the arm that I had made Sesshomaru cut. Who was he…that human? Did I love him at some point? If so why had he…stabbed me through the stomach? Who was the woman? I stared at the ground as the questions and the memories replayed in my head.

            “Are you okay to go on me’ lady?” Jaken asked. I nodded because I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t…think. I didn’t know if I was okay. We continued to walk, and it seemed like Sesshomaru was slowing his pace. Rin kept asking me what the memory was, but I wouldn’t answer her. “Leave Lady Yuzuki alone Rin.” Jaken demanded and I could feel her troubled stare.  I wish I could talk to her about it, but she was just a kid. I couldn’t talk to Sesshomaru because I couldn’t even imagine him putting forth anything. Jaken might have been the only one I could talk to, and I couldn’t stand him.

            I had to try something. “Jaken…” I started and he turned toward me, his staff in his right arm.

            “What is it me’ Lady.” He asked curiously, especially since I never asked him anything, and I hardly ever even talked to him. He was just so…whiney. I guess I expected him to be whiney when I talked to him to. “Me, Lady?” he asked again when I didn’t say anything. I was looking ahead, listening to the steps of everyone around me. I saw Sesshomaru’s head move slightly to the side, listing. No doubt he would be listening to what I was saying.