Healing

I rested my hands on the hilt of my sword as we walked by a rushing river. Rin was skipping beside us throwing rocking inside of it and seeing how far it would travel down the river. Rin was walking next to me, and Ah-Un was on the other side of me. Jaken walked in front of me, and as always Sesshomaru was in the front. Though I thought something had changed between Sesshomaru and I, nothing really changed. He was still the same old inaudible dog demon.

            My leg still hadn’t healed, and I was just itching to use my new sword. “Lady Yuzuki, look.” She said pointing into the water. There was fish swimming against the current in the river. She kneeled next to the river and watched them swim. I looked over slowly to see if Sesshomaru was still walking, but he had stopped and was watching her eyes search the water. I smiled at him and his eyes landed on mine, but when they did he turned around and continued to walk.

            I took a breath in and let it out. “Come on Rin,” I said as I stood up and started following Ah-un. Jaken was standing by Rin scolding her in that high pitched voice for not following. She laughed at him and started skipping happily behind us. As Jaken always did, he whined about no one caring about him and no one listening to him. I had gotten so used to it that I started expecting when he would start it up again. I didn’t understand why he was so whiney. He didn’t realize just how much we relied on him for so much and how much Sesshomaru appreciated him taking care of Rin even if he didn’t show it at all. At least that’s what I thought.

            We were heading toward a village that had a few regenerating demons because Sesshomaru wanted to test out his bakusaiga. I had never seen it in action but from what Jaken told me it was very strong and could keep a demon from regenerating. It was about the middle of the day and Rin had just eaten. We were making great time as we traveled with the river and a large wall came into view.

            I could smell the demonic aura as we approached, and I knew that the demons would be able to smell us too. I had to wonder exactly what sort of demons was living here. Sesshomaru wasn’t very specific, though he never is. We all stopped, and I started having a weird feeling. Something was watching this, and I could tell by Sesshomaru’s shifting eyes that he knew it too. We were both dog demons, so I knew that he wouldn’t be able to pinpoint exactly where they were because the smell was everywhere. It was surrounding us.

            Suddenly, out of nowhere, a demon appeared in front of us and forced it’s arm through Sesshomaru’s unarmored shoulder, ripping right through his fur pelt. “Lord Sesshomaru!” Rin yelled as he staggered backwards and my heart leapt in my chest. I pulled my sword out and held it in front of me, but it was too late, the demon had disappeared. Sesshomaru held his shoulder in his arm, he was bearing his fangs and his eyes were shut. It was very clear that he was pissed.

            “Coward,” Sesshomaru said as his eyes slid open. I put my sword away and walked over to him. I was worried, but knowing him he wouldn’t complain even if it was killing him.

            “Let me see.” I demanded but he pulled away.

            “I’m fine.” He said sternly and kept walking.

            “Quit being so stubborn,” I growled and grabbed his hand. He gave me cold eyes as I looked at his shoulder and, just like my leg had been, I could see straight through it. I furrowed my brow and twitched my ears, thinking about what I could possibly do to help. “Take some of my demonic aura.” I took his hand and his eyes widened a bit as I took his claws and slid them down the length of my arm. I felt as the sharpness of them slit into my flesh and blood poured from my arm and dripped onto the floor. A smoky substance arose from my arm and was absorbed into Sesshomaru.