Following Sesshomaru and His Companions

The tall man stared at me with his golden eyes. I felt almost like I was looking into a mirror. Was I perhaps related to him? I doubted it, because why would a brother, uncle, or father treat their blood the way he was treated me. Yes, he looked at me like I was a stranger. He looked at the young girl, Rin, as if she was his responsibility. He didn’t care what happened to me. “Sesshomaru, can she come with us?” Rin asked, and he looked at her with the same face. It seemed as though it never changed.

            He looked away from both of us, in the direction he had come from. “I don’t care what she does. We are going.” He started walking, his arms hanging by his side.

            “Of course, lord Sesshomaru! Come on Rin, don’t get left behind!” He started pulling the dragon and following him. Rin looked over to me, her heart sad that I was not moving. She was…nice. It was unlike the feeling I had gotten from her human smell—the feeling of hate. I wondered what the feeling was for, and hoped it was from a memory. Her black hair and her small red tie that kept a portion of her hair in a ponytail jumped as she walked toward me.

            “See, he says you can come with us…so come on! He will take care of you.” She grinned with a bright face and full of spirit. I had to admit to myself, she was not easy to hate.

            “I didn’t hear him say that. Besides…” I looked to the green grass, watching as the small wind blew the blades to the side. “It doesn’t really sound like he wants me to come.” I looked up and watched as they started to get farther and farther away. She needed to hurry, because I didn’t want him to come back and blame me for her stubborn behavior.  “You should go,”

            “Please, there has never been a girl around. I’m not going until you agree to follow!” She looked at me, and her face was still turned up in a smile. It made my heart feel warm, yet her smell still made me feel uneasy. I took in a gulp of air through my nose and walked in front of her toward the direction…Sesshomaru was it, was heading. I heard Rin scream in delight behind me as she rushed ahead, her feet slamming against the soft grass as she tried to catch up. I noticed she looked back several times to make sure I was still there.

            I could feel the breeze swish my hair as we walked, the ears on top of my head, small but noticeable, sensitive as it rushed by them. We caught up to the group in less than a minute, and the dog demon didn’t look back to see if I had followed. Though, I was sure he could smell me close by as I could smell his intoxicating aroma. What did I smell like to him? To me, his demon blood and the similarities we shared were strong. It was the smell that really told me just how alike we were, though still a different breed, we were born of the same demon blood—of dog demons.

            Sesshomaru

            The air was cool today, and I could tell Rin was not going to let up. The woman was bound to end up following us. That was just perfect, because protecting Rin was turning out to be more challenging that I would have hoped. Though, I would never allow anything to happen to her. The woman…she was like me though. Hopefully she would provide to me more useful, especially when it comes to protecting Rin. Jaken was of hardly any use, but he did keep her company and did as I asked. This woman though, I cannot remember her name. She merely mumbled it the night I brought her back to life.

            She was cut up terribly, and I can’t help but wonder what must’ve happened to a dog demon that has a lot of the same blood as I. Her smell…it gives it away. She smells so sweet…so inebriating. She smells of my kind, though she has ears and a tail like a half demon, it is very clear she is full-fledged. Why is this? Something is certainly different about her. Yet…I cannot lie to myself. It pleases me she is here. My demon side calls to her, and tells me of her beauty though it is clear in my eyes. This will be troublesome.