I didn’t dare think anything more of it as I grabbed my whip. I didn’t even dare to hesitate as I lashed out at him. I lashed out onto him and I after I did that first lash, I instantly regretted it but the bad thing though was that I hadn’t stopped.

I didn’t understand it but I didn’t stop. I didn’t stop even though I was silently stunned how silent he was. Maybe he was stronger than I thought he was. I had thought once while I still whipped him.

Eventually, I had finally stopped harming him and came to a complete realization of what I had done. I stared at his back, horrified how harsh I was. His back was filled with swollen, more likely thrumming, welts and he had deep cut-like-lashes across his back. Those wounds bled extremely heavy and I was stunned about that the most. No one should be bleeding that much!

I dropped my arms and my hands unfolded, letting myself drop the whip in silent shock and fear. I was panting heavily as well from the long moments of myself letting out all my anger. I moved over to him and around him so I could peer at his face. There, I was shocked again as I saw that he was silently crying with his eyes open, looking at the ground below him.

I didn’t know or understand why but that looked frightened me the most. His eyes were glassy as if he wasn’t truly there physically. Tears stained his cheeks and fall. He hadn’t stopped crying, I noticed. His lips were bloody from where he bit so hard that it bled and I knew his mouth would be bloody too because I was sure that wasn’t the only place he bit just as hard.

I caused this. It’s my fault. I’ve broken him. I thought in sudden sorrow. I wasn’t going to get my crown now and there was no way Foalan would want to be near me if he survives this beating.

“Foalan?” I asked him, trying to get his attention but he continued to look as if he didn’t know who was speaking to him. My hands started to shake, my eyes beginning to water all of the sudden. Damn, I’m starting to freak out…

I reached up to start unchaining him and he didn’t even seem to notice. He didn’t speak a word but instead, his eyelids grew heavy. Sudden anxiousness over came me. “Foalan?” I repeated, voice cracking. I hesitated before I gently wiped his tears away with one hand on his left cheek.

Then suddenly, he went limp in his chains and sliding his eyes closed completely. I panicked instantly. “Foalan? Foalan!” My voice rising as I started to change my mind and unchain his feet first.

My hands shook so bad but it didn’t take me long to remove the ankle chains then finish removing the ones around his wrist. I flinched to notice the chains had bit into his skin which made them look red and bleeding from cuts he or I help cause.

I gently caught him with my arm and knew that I needed to bring him to see a healer right away for these wounds. I don’t know how to care for his wounds so that would be best. I carried him bridal style, knowing well those wounds would be pressed into my arm.

Foalan let out a loud whimper that echoed my ears.

I looked down at him and took a deep breath in my silent apology as I knew I can’t bring myself to say it out loud. I shook my head quickly. “Deal with it, you fucking baby.” I muttered without thinking and quickly ran out of the torture room.

I ran all the way up the stairs, trying to be careful not to jostle him too much. I could feel the warmth of the blood seeping into my clothes, staining them with his blood. It was also feeling cold too from being in the air as I ran.

I didn’t bother to look around my surroundings or the people around me. I’m sure they were gawking but I didn’t give a shit. All I cared about was getting him to that healer than bring him back into my room because I had overdone it.