31. Laughter

Yay! The last chapter! Hehehe. 

Chapter 31

"Did you hear about Patricia Dachary?"

"What about her?"

"She moved to Paris!"

"Oh how lucky! I wish I could go there, but my parents won't let me!"

So that's what Nate meant by "Patricia is already taken care of." Somehow she was threatened to move away. At least I didn't have to see her again, and the most dangerous pranks that had been played on me had come to an end…unless someone else would be so rash to follow her footsteps. Lord, I've had too many things happen to me in less than half a year! Please give me a break!

So Patricia was gone…And it seemed Cal went with her, because I hadn't seen him since the dance.

Ugh...that night was the worst night of my life. And with all the yelling I did, my voice was still sore as hell.

It was a week since then, and I had overheard the two girls gossiping in the few minutes before homeroom. Lucia sat next to me, quiet as a mouse. She'd been abnormally quiet since Saturday night.

I got mad all over ust looking at her depressed form. I swear, Cal better be smart enough to NEVER come near us again. He better not! I wasn't going to let him get anywhere near Lucia anymore! I just kept seeing that crying face every time I thought about him…I'd NEVER forgive him! Not until the day I die!

Besides that, things seemed to go smooth…although with Jeremy gone, there wasn't really anything as exciting.

Homeroom started, Nate ignored me, and on the chance side that our eyes did meet, he glared at me. I guess nothing changed even with what happened Saturday.

Homeroom ended quickly, Mrs. Karp yelling at us to not be late to our next class.

The hours blended together, hour one…hour two, and then lunch came. It was probably the gravest moment yet. Lucia hardly got anything, and the things she did get, she just moved it around on her plate. Just watching her made it hard to swallow my french fries and chicken sandwich.

I lost my cool when I realized that the class that Lucia had next was the one She had with Cal. "That boy…I swear if I ever see his sorry face again! Even if Nate did deal him a good one, I haven't had-" At that moment, Lucia's depression melted away and she giggled.

I looked at her, and I laughed out loud. Lucia's giggle grew louder too. And we were both laughing hysterically, with people giving us looks as they looked down their noses at us.

You've had that moment though, right? Where there's nothing humorous at all in the position you're in, but you just can't contain the laughter from bubbling out uncontrollably?

And as our laughter died down, so did out tension. There was less depression, more smiles…less about worrying about others. More about realizing the friendship we shared. It was such an exuberating feeling to behold.

And I said a 'see you later' to her has we departed to our different classes.

Mike was super dreamy in Biology. All smiles and daydreams, and I couldn't help but feel happy for him. "Hey Mr. Sappy." I nudged him with an elbow.

"Oh no, Caity didn't tell you about that, did she?" He hid behind one of his massive hands.

I laughed. "She told me aaaalll about it, Wolfy." I shot him a wink.

"Ah! Not that too!" I was really enjoying the deep red color that was creeping into his face.

"It comes with your friends being friends with your girlfriend, buddy."

I didn't have any further chance to tease him since Mr. Hember had finally arrived and Biology class started. The hour passed slowly since I hated biology, but it was finally over, and I was out of there like a rock leaving a slingshot.

I met with Lucia for a few seconds, but I had to say goodbye to her within just a few short seconds. I hadn't told Elijah not to meet me, but I wasn't sure if he would…so I went anyways.

What I saw surprised me.

At first I thought that the Platinum-near-silver-haired Gela was beating up Elijah…but instead, after a second of watching, she was clinging to him. What the heck happened between those two!? But from the looks of it, Elijah wasn't enjoying this at all, he actually looked tortured.

When he finally caught sight of me, he shook her off and strode quickly to me. "This is all your fault!" He said, trying to dodge Gela's seeking arms. "Where did you go at the dance? You left me-ah! Get off!" I couldn't hold it…I laughed. This day seemed to be filled with laughter. "Mary! It's not funny!" He raised his arms to try and make Gela release it, but Gela hung on, dangling a good six inches off the floor.

And Elijah was too nice to shove her off and risk her hurting herself. "Let-" –Shake-shake- "go!"

"But Elijah! Just one date! One!" Gela asked, no, pleaded.

"Hello Jello." I tried mimicking Jeremy's voice, but failed miserably, although it got Gela's attention.

"Commoner, it's not jello!" She said, instantly enraged. It bought Elijah enough time to shake her off and run for it. Gela looked completely torn between whether to continue telling me off, or going after Elijah.

After a few moments, she turned on her heel and raised her nose with a "hmph" and clicked her stilettos after Elijah. "Wait Elijah!"

I shook my head and made my way to English.

The bell rang as soon as I entered the classroom. Uh-oh. Gela's late.

"Floretta! Hurry up and sit down." Mr. Gregor boomed.

"Right away sir." I answered.

I got a little satisfaction when he did roll call, and Mr. Gregor bellowed, "Where the devil is Kelston!?"

Finally…school was over. As I was used to, my phone rang split seconds after the bell rang. "Hello Caroline." I spoke.

"Hello dear. I've got to talk to you about something important." She said. She sounded a little distant, but halfway to her regular self.

"Okay, sure."

"Well, I had initially intended for you to go to Altman so that you could keep an eye on Jeremy, but he's gone now." Her voice wavered just a bit. "I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to. I've already talked to your mother about this, and I got her to agree. If you don't want to go to Altman anymore, you don't have to. I'll transfer you out right away!"

I smiled, genuinely smiled. She really did feel like my second mother. And as much as I had talked about not wanting to go here, I found myself really thinking about it…did I really want to leave now? After all I'd gone through?

"And you can come back home and live with your mother again. You don't have to be so far away from her anymore." Caroline added.

Did I want to leave? After all I'd gone through? Did I want to leave my friends? On the other hand, did I want to live in this school and be reminded with every step I take, and every place I look of all the memories that would make my heart hurt?

"Sorry Caroline, could you give me some time to think about it?"

-------'---,----<@ 

Yes, I'm that evil. This is how King and Commoner ends. Lol

Thank you to all of you who kept reading to the end! You are really awesome!!!

~Kyeire~