6. Caleb Dachary

To think that I had barely found the Title for this story when I wrote this chapter...well, the first part of this chapter. It used to be such a generic title: Another Story. Haha. Good times. Good times. :P

Chapter 6

Lucia took me by the hand and led me out of the room. “My next class is that way, but yours is in the opposite direction. Just go down this hallway, turn left and go up the stairs. When you get up there, you’ll have to go down the hallway and turn right. The room should be the first door on your left. Got that."

"Uh...yeah. I think." I said, although I didn't remember anything she said past getting up the stairs. But it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, right?

Lucia waved and left. I watched her with a little bit of an uneasy feeling. I was now on my own to find my next room.

"Need help?" The voice was spoken next to my ear and made me jump a foot in the air.

I turned to find yet another gorgeous guy. His hair was bleach blonde-spiked-and his eyes, a lovely light brown. Another gorgeous hottie looking superb in their uniform. Great. He was the type that seemed laid back. Like he could be comfortable with anyone. And his smile was blinding! Who had teeth so bright?

"Mary, was it?" He asked. “I’m Caleb Dachary .” H held out his hand. I didn’t take it.

"Uhmm. Yeah. How did you know that?" I asked, giving him a 'you're-freaking-me-out' look.

Caleb just smiled and jammed his hands in his pockets, leaning back. "I've made it my business to know about you, Mary." I blushed. "You lost, right?"

"Huh? Oh, no."

"Then you might want to get to your next class soon. These teachers don't take lightly to tardiness.” He smiled, quite smugly if you ask me.

“Fine, I will.” I looked around and stopped in my tracks. Which way did Lucia go? I was supposed to go the opposite way than her.

Dang these stupid corridors looking so alike!

“You are lost!” He laughed and came up to me. “Just admit it!”

I glared at him. “It’s not funny.” I tried catching someone, trying to ask them which way to go, but they avoided me like a disease. They probably knew about me being on the King’s bad side. Was popularity that big here? So bad that if you went against the king, you would be avoided like a bug? It just made me feel more like a geek than I already felt in this uniform. Caleb followed me. Finally fed up, I turned on him. “Did Jeremy put you up to harassing me?”

He looked genuinely surprised. “No. I just wanted to take you to your class, but if you don’t like me that much, I’ll just leave.” He turned just after I glimpsed hurt in his eyes. Did I hurt his feelings?

No matter. I had to find my class. I looked around. Not even able to find my homeroom class, I was completely lost. And everyone was avoiding me. I glared at a few of the ones who happened to pass by when I was this frustrated. They took one look and scurried past me like mice. Without help, I wouldn’t find the class. Besides, that look of hurt was getting to me. I ran the way I saw Caleb go, calling out his name as I did.

 A hand appeared at the corner I was about to turn and caught me by my arm. It spun me around to face a very happy Caleb. “I knew you were a cool girl.”

I looked away. “It’s not as though I felt bad that you were hurt.”

He laughed. “Of course it wasn’t.”

I blushed. “I just need someone to show me where my class was.” I peeked a look to see he was smiling fully at me.

“Come on.” Only when he pulled me after him did I realize my hand was still in his. “We’ve got to run. There’s just a few minutes until the bell.”