7. Thorn in my SIDE!

Jyeah BayBay! *insert air-humping* Sooo. Yeah. This is the next chapter! Mmmm, nummays in my tummays! xD

Chapter ~7~

I jumped when the door slammed. Sounded like someone was mad.

"So Mary, I showed you your Biology class yesterday. It's real close to our dorm room." Lucia distracted me.

"Really?" I picked at my food. "Ummm…I forgot which way our dorm room was…" I admitted, blushing.

Cal laughed, and Lucia had this twinkle in her eye that told me she wanted to join Cal. I looked out the window to escape their laughing faces, and my eyes widened first in fear, and then in surprise. Jeremy sat outside, his arms crossed, and he was looking straight at me. His eyebrows were drawn down over his angry copper orbs.

He unsettled me. But who was I to let him get the better of me?

I glared back at him. His eyebrows rose into his hair. His expression was priceless! I laughed.

He glared at me harder and I laughed harder.

My laughter had him scowling and standing up. He stomped out of sight. I wondered why he seemed so angry. I had thought he could show no expression on his face, but that heated face proved me wrong.

I shook my head and turned back to my table to see Cal and Lucia giving me "where-are-you?" looks.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? You were staring out the window laughing." Lucia said.

Cal looked out the window, leaning over me to do it. "What were you laughing at? There's nothing in the garden that funny."

I smiled to myself. " A wayward thorn caught my attention."

He raised an eyebrow. "My dearest Mary, I shant call you crazy, but are you feeling well? Shall I take you to the nurse?" His face teasingly got close to mine, and he smiled.

I pushed him away. "Don't be ridiculous." The heat in my face rose.

His hand appeared at my forehead. "Oh, but it seems you have a fever. I suggest some remedy!" Lucia laughed wiht a slight blush when Cal pulled me into his arms. "A kiss perhaps?"

I pushed at his face and it made him fall from his seat. "In your dreams."

He stood. "When you kiss me, all my dreams shall come true, my loveliest of lovelies!" He bowed to me for the second time that day. I rolled my eyes and looked at Lucia. She was smiling.

"I bet you say these lines to a lot of girls." I said, getting up.

"You're the only, babe." He took me in his arms. "I only say this to you."

"As if." I pulled myself out of his arms. "I think I will find my Biology class now-on my own!" I added when Cal opened his mouth.

Cal only smiled. "Anything you say, honey. I'll see you later." He walked through the double doors that led to the garden.

Lucia looked at the closing doors, then at me. Her eyebrow rose, and the corner of her mouth hiked up a few notches.

"Don't. Even go there." I said before she could even open her mouth. She laughed.

The bell rang, reminding me I had ten minutes to find my Bio class. "Shoot. Gotta run, Lucia. See you soon."

"Of course." We parted at the main door of the cafeteria.

Did Cal really mean all he said? Did he really like me that much after he just met me?

I sighed and pushed it aside. "I can't really be thinking about that right now. I gotta find this class." I looked at the school map and tried to find where I was.