3. My Roommate and HIM!

Chapter 3

“Oh! You’re my roommate!? So cool!” I was met with that upon entering my dorm room.

I looked up to see the most delicate-looking girl I could ever meet sitting on the edge of the cream bed. She looked like royalty. She had this wavy blond hair that was gorgeous, her eyes were a soft green. And her skin was a flawless ivory. Only one description came to mind. Elegant beauty. She reminded me of those heiresses I always read about. Or maybe a princess. Either way, she made me feel like a commoner…and then, maybe I was.

“Ah, yes.” I said, not knowing what else to say.

She clapped her hands, delighted. She popped up, and I was surprised at her pixie-like state. She came up to my nose. She held out her hand. Even that move looked elegant. “I’m Lucia. If you want, you can call me Lucie.” She said in a soft voice.

I took her hand. “Ah, I’m Mary.”

She radiated energy. “Oh, I’m so excited!” She blushed. “I’ve never really talked to someone like this before. I’m sorry if I came on too strong.” She backed away a little.

“No! You didn’t!” I exclaimed faster than I had meant to, and I think I scared Lucia a bit.

She looked at me in the face and saw that I wasn’t making fun of her. Then she looked down and smiled, a blush creeping over her cheeks. “I’m glad.”

“Ah…” What was I supposed to say? “Well…I was, um going to go look around the school.” I said, picking up my purse which was sitting on my bed.

“Oh!” Lucia perked up again. “I can show you around if you want.”

I looked at the school map that had been sitting right next to my purse. “Well, uhm…” The map did look complicated. “Sure.”

                                              ~ * ~ . ~ * ~ . ~* ~

I had to admit, I was completely awed. This place was so huge. What was it doing in the middle of nowhere? Lucia didn’t get to show me even half of it before a bell rang.

“Oh, that’s the dinner bell. come on!” She took my hand and led me to the cafeteria.

My mouth dropped open. They called this a cafeteria? It looked more like a restaurant. I looked at the line of foods. A buffet restaurant.

“What do you want? There’s salad. There’s um…seafood. There’s different kinds of meat, like chicken, meatloaf, different kinds of sandwiches, pasta, stuff like that.”

“Uhh…I d-don’t know.” I said. Everyone in here was acting like this was regular. Didn’t they know this was different from a regular school?

Bt then…this school must be expensive, so maybe this was where all the rich lived? Maybe I was the only one who wasn’t used to this.

“Well, let’s start with a salad, and see from there.”

We got salads, and I realized how hungry I wasn't. Lucia seemed to be hungry though. After taking me to get my salad, I trailed her as she got a full plate of all kinds of food. Sushi, corn, mashed potatoes, and a few other entrées I had no idea what they were.

I had been checking out the cafeteria the whole time, but I still hadn’t had enough of it. There was the awesome chandelier dangling from the center of the dining room. The colors were gold, and reminded me a little of Lucia’s room, with some crimson mixed in here and there.  There were booths lining the walls like you would find in restaurants, and coffee tables littered the spaces.

I was engrossed with the place. Maybe that’s why the accident happened.

I was too busy looking around me, above me, that I didn’t pay attention to in front of me. I tripped on the small step that led to the big table. The one that sat smack in the middle of the dining room…right under the chandelier.

My simple salad flew off my tray…

And onto the most gorgeous guy I’ve ever laid eyes on. His hair was the color mixed between milk chocolate and creamy caramel and it swept down to his collar. He regarded me with  mesmerizing, yet odd colored copper eyes. I could feel the heat filling my cheeks. It seemed the whole cafeteria became quiet.

“Ah…I’m sorry…I really-”

“What’s your name?” He asked his voice devoid of any feelings.

“I’m, uh, I’m Mary Floretta.” I felt my cheeks grow hotter as I looked up at him from where I fell.

“Ah. The commoner.” He looked at the pieces of lettuce decorating his black T-shirt. “I should’ve known.”

“Eh!?” Commoner!? Did I just hear him cal me a commoner!?! “Excuse me?”

“Commoner, do you know who I am?” He picked off a piece of the green and threw it at my face.

“No. Should I?” People around me gasped, but I didn’t care, this bastard needed someone to teach him some manners. For God’s sake, it was just pieces of vegetation that could be easily dusted off.

He merely raised an eyebrow, the only sign that he was surprised. “You may want to remember my name in the future. Jeremy--"He paused, his odd colored eyes darting up at the ceiling before he looked at me and smirked, "Actually, you may want to just call me 'Your Highness'...Commoner." With that, he stood and left the table, not looking back once. The people who were sitting with him followed, darting weird, disgusted, or pitiful looks at me.

Who cared. I was mad, so I didn’t even register them. 

So....I've gotten a very critical review on this story, and I'm thinking of major revising...Although I'm not sure I want to...

Anyways, I hope you guys liked! Vote, Fan, Comment. Please.

~Kye~