(8) He's My Bed And I'm His Cycle

He's My Bed And I'm His Cycle

“You guys are crazy.” I said for the millionth and definitely not the last time.

Raees had already told me he couldn’t cook, but then I found out that Zane couldn’t either.

“You mentioned that two seconds ago.” Zane said.

“But seriously, you can’t live on takeaway.” I said while turning towards him.

Raees frowned at the bread, egg and beans in front of him. “Neither can we live on your cooking, apparently.”

That earned him a scowl. “I might not be a master chef, but unlike you, I know my way around the kitchen.” I retorted. Bread, egg and beans was not typical dinner food, but who cared? At least it was edible and home cooked.

“You slipped on the egg you dropped on the floor without even knowing you dropped it in the first place. I’d say you DON’T know you’re way around the kitchen.”

It took me no more than a few seconds to get nose to nose with Raees, who was seated on one of the stools. His sitting position meant that we were at eye level.

“Oh yeah? Well at least I know what to do with an egg.”

“You mean dropping and slipping over it?”

“Guys.” Zane said in a disapproving tone from somewhere behind me. That’s when I realized exactly how close I was standing to Raees. I could see the lighter flecks of green in his eyes along with the darker ones. They were exactly like the dream me had described, the colour of leaves on a rainy day.

“He’s being mean.” I mumbled in response to Zane, but my eyes were still glued on Raees.

“You called us crazy.” Raees replied in the same distracted tone as me.

He didn’t move away and neither did I. Instead, it felt like we were moving closer.

And just as I thought that something big was going to happen, I fainted.

**

He wasn’t coming. She realized that hours ago.

Throughout the wedding, he hadn’t even glanced at her once. He hadn’t smiled or said anything; not even a frown was sent anyone’s way.

He had been completely blank.

But that felt like ages ago. She had been sitting in her room, staring at the door. She didn’t think he was going to show up, not even for a second, but she had no other choice but to wait.

And it hurt, not because he didn’t love her back. No, that was his choice, his decision. But because she felt more and more like a burden as the clock ticked.

Unwanted.

She didn’t mind not being happy, she hadn’t felt joy in years. Not since her mother had died. And honestly, she had learnt to live with that slight ache, no matter how much she smiled or pretended otherwise.

But she did mind being unwanted. He would never be able to get rid of her, she was the princess after all, and neither would he ever love her. She knew that. She would always be waiting and it will always be useless.

And that’s why she cried till dawn. Not because her husband didn’t love her, but because he didn’t want her, and could never leave her.