(2) It's Not True If It Isn't Bizarre Enough

It's Not True If It Isn't Bizarre Enough

By the time I got back home, it was quite dark and I was tired.

Who would’ve thought that one could get tired of doing nothing? Not that I was complaining. Nope, I wasn’t giving this job up for anything.

I dragged my feet across the pavement to exaggerate my exhaustion but stopped as soon as I spotted a guy doing push-ups on the porch next to mine.

It was Raees. The not-so-creepy creepy guy.

I had been right the first time, he was gorgeous. And by the looks of it, push-ups and other athletics weren’t anything new for him.

He seemed to be about to pull his shirt off when he looked up and caught me staring at him, which made him smirk and pull it back down.

He got up and started walking towards me. The closer he came, the more his smirk grew. He stopped when he reached the fence that separated his house and mine.

I scowled at him.

“Indecent exposure isn’t something that is tolerated here.” I said haughtily.

“Really?” He raised an eyebrow at me, his green eyes sparking from the streetlight on top of our heads. “Do you make a habit of staring at intolerable things?”

“Stare in horror? Yes, I sometimes do that.”

“It wasn’t horror and you know it.” He said smugly, but his smirk had already turned upside down.

“Where’s the other guy?” I asked him while crossing my arms; referring to the guy I had seen with him earlier that day.

“Why do you ask?” He shot at me.

“He’s a much better person to talk to.” I said before smirking, “And much better to look at.” I left him with that thought.

I didn’t believe it, but it was so worth lying when he glared at me like I’d just killed his puppy.

“Who was that?” Ricky asked as soon as I got inside.

“The neighbour.” I said. The house beside ours was usually empty. Apart from the occasional person coming and going, there didn’t seem to be much of a family that lived there.

“And why were you talking to him?” He asked while crossing his arms. “He could be as axe-murderer for all you know.”

“Or a secret agent.” I retorted.

“Or a criminal.” My brother said with a slight smile this time.

“A vampire.”

He scoffed. “A high-end thief.”

“Or a magical creature from a different land!”

“Ok.” My brother looked at me like I had said the most stupid thing ever, maybe I had. “That’s a little too farfetched.”

“And your ideas aren’t?” I shot back.

“Whatever, sis.” He rolled his eyes at me before he went serious. “Just be careful while I’m gone, ok?”

He was leaving with his friends to go camping and wouldn’t be back for a week. I was happy. A whole week without someone waking me up by pushing me off the bed or throwing water at me. A week of no one eating my breakfast or hiding my mobile phone.

OK, I’d miss him.

“It’s not like you go out of your way to protect me while you’re here. Hey, you’re probably the biggest danger to me yourself.”