Chapter Twenty Three

I wake up to find that I'm back in a straitjacket with a muzzle over my mouth, lying on top of the mattress.
My vision focuses and I let out a growl at the man sitting in a chair a couple feet away from me.
He looks at me with stoney eyes, not blinking as he watches me breathe.
"I know you're awake now", the stranger says to me. "But you're not fighting anymore. We're here to help you."
I struggle to find the energy to even lift up my head, letting out another angry noise to show how much I disagree.
Just because I came willingly doesn't mean I want to be here.
"I'm not going to let you out if those until you're calm", he says sternly. "I can wait here all day. The people wanting to see you however, cannot. I'd start behaving real fast if I were you."
It must be the authorities.
But I still my body, moving my head up and down slightly to show that I understand.
The man smiles and stands up, walking over to unbuckle the metal from around my mouth and going to the open door.
"You have twenty minutes", I hear him say to someone in the hallway. "I will be watching, so don't even try to get her out."
I let out a sigh as soon as I see the visitors, banging my head on the pillow and turning away.
"I told you to stay away", I growl into the fabric. "It's the only way to stop this."
"Having people cage you up like an animal won't solve anything", Samantha's gentle voice says. I feel her stroke my hair, combing her fingers through the strands and getting rid of the knots. "This might delay them, but it won't stop anything."
"Why are you here?", I ask finally. "Noah, you're supposed to be a hostage, and Mom, you're supposed to be dead."
"I pretended to 'escape' from Morona", Noah replies. "And don't worry, she and Gemma are hiding somewhere safe."
I nod my head and let out my breath.
"We'll get you out of here soon", my mother promises. "I'm super close to creating the medication. I'm experimenting with the last few concoctions."
"I won't take the medicine", I say. "Not until Jake is dead."
"What? Why not?"
"Because I want him to see exactly what he created", I answer. "And then I'm going to do exactly what he made me to do to all of those innocent people."
After I say this, the padded room is silent except for the sound of our breathing and the sound of my heartbeat.
--------------
"Did you find the warehouse?", I ask, remaining where I am on the floor, facing the door as I watch the two men carefully.
"Yes", Agent Sol says. "We found a lot of evidence, but the place was evacuated."
"Glad I could help", I yawn, resting my head against the wall. "Now unless there's something else you want, you should probably go. As you can see, I'm very busy being restrained and watched."
"There is something", Detective Brown says. "And we are taking you with us."
I perk up immediately, my mind focusing for the first time in days, hours, months?
It's hard to tell how long it's been.
"What do you need?", I sigh as they stroll towards me, Sol kneeling down in front of me, beginning to unbuckle the straitjacket.
"You'll see on the way", is the only answer I get as I'm gently pulled to my feet and handcuffs are clicked around my wrists.
--------
Hey guys!
So I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas for this book. I just think it's a fun idea to maybe switch a few things up.
So if you have any ideas, message of comment them.
Love you people!
- Elise