Chapter Ten

The man let's out a yell as I carve into his cheek, giggling as he thrashes around,  the panic making him struggle.
"At least you don't scream", I sigh, looking into his wide chocolate eyes. "But don't worry. I'm almost done."
The man says something through the cloth knotted around his mouth, but I pay no attention to him, finally stabbing into his heart to shut up his cries.
I lick the blood off of my fingers, sighing in happiness as the voice talks to me.
Fun, fun, fun. Let's do it again.
I giggle, throwing back my head as I slice my palm open, sucking on the red water that leaks from my skin, and sitting down cross-legged on the cement floor next to my art.
"That's all for today", Jake announces, walking into the room. "Good job."
I bare my bloodstained teeth at him before going back to my feeding. He frowns and tears my hand away from my face, making me cry out in anger.
"More."
"Tomorrow", the man tells me. "Do you want something to eat, Cupcake? You must be hungry by now."
"More. Blood", I hiss, struggling to get my hand back to my mouth. "Now."
"No, Theresa. Come on." Jake yanks me to my feet and drags me with him as he strolls out of the room. "You need more than blood."
"No!", I cry out, digging my feet into the floor. "I want more!"
He covers my mouth, but I bite his hand, digging my teeth into his palm until I taste the metallic water, slowly calming down as I drink.
Finally, I stop struggling completely, letting my captor take me where he wants me to be.
-------------
Padded room. Bed with white sheets. Straitjacket and a muzzle to keep my mouth firmly shut.
Adara brushes my hair, a gun resting on her knee in case I try anything and a scowl on her face.
I'm guessing it has to do with me, Jake or both, but to be honest, I don't care.
After I ate, Jake injected a drug into the vein in my neck and I woke up here, wherever here is.
I'm too sleepy to care about anything.
Finished, the woman stands up and leave the room without a word, slamming the door shut behind her. My eyes travel up, finding the small black camera on the ceiling, pointed straight at me.
I just roll my eyes and lay down, resting my head on the pillow, waiting for someone else to come.
I'm a child, around the age of four. I'm in the hospital, my leg in a cast and elevated above my heart. A woman with brown hair like mine sits next to me on the bed, reading a picture book aloud to me. When it's clear that she's done, I smile as the woman leans over and kisses my forehead.
I think she's my mother.
"I'll be back tomorrow", the woman says gently with a smile. "You'll feel a lot better by then, I promise."
"Mama, please don't go", I beg, grabbing her hand before she can stand up. "It hurts so bad. Don't leave me here, please."
"Aw, pumpkin, I wish I could", she replies. "But the hospital is kicking me out. You're only staying the night, and then you'll be back home, alright?"
I start crying. "Don't go. Don't leave me here."
My mom smiles and reaches down at her feet, pulling out a small stuffed dolphin.
"She'll keep you safe, Theresa", she assures me. "Dolphins are the protectors of the sea."
I sniffle and hug the toy to my chest, burying my tear stained face into the soft fabric, smiling in spite of my pain and fear.
"Goodnight, pumpkin", the woman says. "I'll see you in the morning."
"Goodnight, Mama."