5. b a r i s t a

*UNEDITED*

Sera / Prank Caller

Sera needed a job. One that she could get extremely quickly. She needed the money otherwise she'd broke by the time she started university. Yes, she had her parents funding for her uni but she wanted some of it to be her money. 

She walked down the high street in a black t-shirt, a plaid shirt, black jeans with her favourite pumps. Her black hair was pulled into a ponytail (as always) and her glasses were perched at a weird angle on her nose. She thought that she would go past a few shops and see which ones had a 'Help Wanted' sign. 

She started to amble as she didn't have much to do and a good walk was long overdue. Bobbing her head to her playlist, she walked past so many shops, restaurants and cafes and yet there was not a single 'Help Wanted' sign. She felt dejected as she searched everywhere until she saw that  Cerys' was advertising for new employees. This was her chance. She walked up to the door but then she suddenly stopped as a thought hit her.

"Wait. Hold on a minute. Isn't Cerys' a coffee shop... and the coffee dude likes coffee... Oh blimey. Please tell me that this isn't fate." she thought out loud.

She opened the door and the fresh smell of coffee wafted up her nose. It smelt nice in here. She swore that she could smell cinnamon as well. Weird. She walked up to the counter.

"Hi, I'm Carrie! What would you like today?" said the employee at the counter.

"Hello, I was just wondering whether I could apply for a job here since there was a 'Help Wanted' sign outside." Sera asked.

"Oh yes! Finally, we thought nobody would come!" squealed Carrie. "My father, Jeremy, is the owner and you'll have to meet him to discuss your shifts and everything. Dad'll be along in a sec." Carrie told Sera.

Carrie gestured for Sera to sit down and Sera did. She chose a booth nearest to the counter just in case. As she sat down, her phone buzzed. 

"Who is this from?" Sera wondered.

She saw that it was a text from the coffee addict. It was like he knew when she was relaxing or busy. 

Helllooooo CINNAMON!

Ugh. You. I was hoping it was someone else.

. WHAT?! WHY?!

Cuz you're annoying.

Cinnamon, I'm not annoying. I just have good timing.

Sera chuckled when she read that. Whoever he was, he was hilarious.

Haha yeah. Good timing. Says the guy who calls me at 3 (3!!!) in the morning. 

Did you just chuckle cinnamon?

Sera froze. Surely he didn't know her right? She looked up and glanced around the coffee shop. There wasn't much people other than a woman and her child and a group of teenage girls. Nope, no guys in sight.

What makes you think I chuckled?

You said I quote, "haha yeah".

That doesn't mean I chuckled. So did you?

Did I what cinnamon?

Chuckle

Why?

Because you said haha when you were pointing out my haha. 

... Cinnamon! That's not funny.

Sera smirked even though she couldn't see him and he couldn't see her.

"Are you the candidate for a new post here?" asked a middle aged man with greying brown hair and twinkling green eyes.

"Yep."

"Please come through." said the man.

I've got to go. Bye! TTYL

Um, ok bye!

Sera followed the man into an office with Carrie in it grinning. She was offered a seat and she sat down.

"Good Morning, I'm Jeremy the owner and well, you've got the job!"

"Thanks!" Sera said happily! Yes, she'd finally got a job!

"You're shifts are Monday, Tuesday and Saturday afternoons or evenings. Is that ok?" asked Jeremy.

"Yeah! That's fine!" Sera answered.

"You're uh Serafina right?" asked Carrie.

"Yes. Yes I am."

"Ok, then we'll see you tomorrow!" said Jeremy.

"Bye and thanks for the job. I won't let you down!" she reassured as she walked out. 

Things were taking a turn for the good recently and she began to wonder if it began with a prank call at 3 in the morning regarding an Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte. She hoped that it would only begin to improve and not go downhill.

A/N: Hey guys! Happy Easter (once again ik ik!). Thanks for ALL your votes and comments because the support is going great! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'VE GOT OVER A 100 READS!! ASDFGHJKJH!!! THANKS SOOO MUCH! ILY ALL!

This is a mixed dialogue and descriptive chapter just to give more insight and the name of the 'coffee dude' shall be revealed soon! Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!

ILY ALL! <3

Until next time!