The Swindle

"Lexa? Are you ready?"

Lexa looked up and saw Anya standing by the doorway. She glanced at the newspaper on her hands again, crunched it up and threw it over the coffee table.

HEADLINES: Alexandria Woods spotted outside Trikru getting handsy with co-star Alie Becca!

She hastily stood up and pushed passed Anya. Anya shook her head as she tries to keep up with her talents' agitated pace.

"Hold yourself together, Lexa. Dozens of press are outside the hotel if they see you being affected by the rumors you will never see the end of it."

"I know what I'm suppose to do!" The brunette barked as the elevator door closes before them.

Anya glanced at her childhood friend's tensed demeanor and sighs, "You should have been more careful, Lexa. I know you're broken hearted-..."

"ANYA!" Lexa glared at her angrily, "Can we not?"

She inhaled deeply, averting away from those enraged green eyes. The door slid open and once they hopped off the car. Four huge bulk body guards immediately escorted them out of the hotel lobby. The double glass door pushed wide open as Lexa slid down her shades to her nose shielding her eyes from the unrelenting flashes of cameras. A smile was plastered on her face from the length of the main entrance of the hotel until down the steps and inside the Chrysler, where it will automatically fade as if it never happened before.

As they pulled out of the hotel driveway, Anya looks back at the photographers and reporters chasing after the vehicle. She faced the front again, sighing - meeting the silent treatment of the brunette whenever things gone bad.

"We need to talk," she uttered.

"As my manager or as my friend," Lexa murmured lazily as she continues to gaze outside the black tinted window.

"Lex, please don't make this hard for me. I want to help, "she lamenteded.

Lexa chuckles arrogantly, "there's nothing you can do, Anya," finally meeting the girl's eyes, "Hell, I can't even do anything about it."

"You know what, fine... Clearly, you've got everything under control," she remarked sarcastically, earning her a another caustic chuckle from Lexa. She rolled her eyes as she opens her organizer and droned out all the girl's schedule for the next following days. "Grounder City, that's your next stop for the promotion for your upcoming movie. A translator will be guiding throughout the interviews so it shouldn't be a problem."

Anya looks up expectantly but then frown when the brunette plucked her headset in her ears and drown away. The manager sighs and settled comfortably beside the girl, "you're welcome, Lexa."

////

She bit her tongue in deep concentration, "okaaayy... Almost... Done!" And with a final stroke of the brush, Clarke shrieked in excitement. "You're a piece of work you know that!" She reprimanded as she stood up and stretched her arms, bending backwards.

Clarke walked over behind the couch where a floor to ceiling glass window stood, depicting the magnificent view of an isolated beach. The waves crashing and the color of the sky was a picturesque hue of orange and purple. The sun's a beautiful orange with a halo of yellow forging through the window. That's her spot when the sun's setting, besides from the glass house that her father built from scratch, the beach and the isolation of the place was her favorite.

Looking on her side, she couldn't help but smile at the colorful canvas that she had been working on for days. It's an abstract of space, trees, the water and wild animals such two-headed deers and large gorillas. It's something that she can't stop thinking of for days that she just have to paint it. She was about to reach for another clean canvas then the doorbell rang.