The impossible is possible

Alya received a call from her mother while they were eating fresh baked croissants and left. Nino left with her to walk her home, for it is pretty dangerous for a young girl to walk alone in the dark streets of Paris. It was just Marinette and Adrien that were left down stairs. They were eating in awkward silence and then Marinette's mother, Sabine, came back down to the closed bakery and asked them to follow her back up the stairs.

Marinette and Adrien stared at each other in shock. I mean, Adrien kind of remembered but not entirely. Marinette did not have any memories of their friendship. "Adrien, your mother was one of my closest friends. And you two were the bestest of friends! But after your mother disappeared. . . Your father forbade you from coming to our house, for he thought that Marinette was a bad influence. You would always come back covered in mud with Marinette. I know how much it hurt you. My mother passed away in front of me when I was a child." Said Sabine, her eyes filled tears. "My mother passed away. . ?" He asked, his voice shaking. "No Adrien. We don't know what happened. We can't be too sure." said Sabine. Tom got up from the couch and went down to the bakery to clean up. It was just Sabine, Marinette and Adrien in one room.

That night was full of discoveries. Marinette couldn't sleep and Adrien simply sat on his bed, in a state of shock.

{The Next Day}

Marinette and Adrien entered the school and when they saw each other, they looked away almost immediately in awkwardness. "What is going on with those two?" Alya and Nino asked in unison. After realizing that they had said the same thing, they both began to blush. The rest of the day went by slowly. Yet, it was a blur for Marinette and Adrien. All they could think of was getting out of that building and heading home. But unfortunately Alya and Nino wanted to hang out together again and do their homework at the park. Alya asked Marinette to go to her bakery and get some cinnamon buns and cookies. Marinette went home but wasn't able to stay for long.

Marinette met Adrien, Alya and Nino at the park, ready for some studying. Marinette sat by Alya on the bench. Adrien tried to say 'Hi' to Marinette but she would always block out his greeting. . .