I die too

I sit outside the cave waiting for Rory. I wish he would hurry. I start to think of home. Of Mother. Of Katniss. Of the Seam. Of Buttercup. Of Lady.

"Prim! Come here! I have a surprise for you!" Katniss says.

I love surprises. I wonder what it is. I run to the front door, but right before I open it Katniss says,

"Wait! Close your eyes!"

I close my eyes and open the door. I take slow, baby steps so I don't fall.

"Okay, stop. open your eyes."

I open my eyes to see Katniss standing there with Gale. Next to them is a wagon with something

in it. It's white and has large brown spots, but I don't know what it it. That is, until it lifts it's head.

It's a goat, so beautiful, it's brown eyes shining in the sunlight. Our eyes lock and I feel an immediate connection.

"Awe, it's beautiful," I say as I run to the goat.

"She's all yours. She's a milking goat. You can sell her milk and make some money for yourself," Katniss says.

"She's mine? I've never had anything to myself."

"Well, here's your chance to show us how responsible you are when given something of your own. Treat her well."

I run to Katniss and give her a big hug.

"Thank you," I say.

"You're very welcome."

BAM!

The sound of an explosion and getting knocked off the rock I was sitting on, snaps me out if my daydream and back to reality. I hear a cannon.

I get up and run towards the direction if the explosion.

'What was that explosion? Who died?' I think to myself.

All of a sudden I have a full body collision with another tribute and fall to the floor. I look up quickly to see who it is.

It's Rory.

"Do you know what that explosion was?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I found their supplies and blew it up."

"Who died?"

"The male tribute from two," he says.

"Carden? How?"

"He got a little too close to the explosion..." he says.

"So I guess it's only Charintina, Slate, cheetah-face girl, the female tribute from ten, me and you left?"

"Yep, I guess so.'

"That means the finale is going to be pretty soon."

"Yeah."

He sighs.

"What's wrong?"

"There's only allowed to be one victor, so one of us is gonna have to die."

I'm quiet for a second.

"Says who?"

"The Capitol! I'm pretty sure that their not gonna let there be two victors after what your sister and Peeta did. Their only gonna let one of us survive... and that's gonna be you."

"Don't talk like that," I say.

"Well, you're not going to die."

"And what if I do?" I say rudely.

He takes a deep breath.

"Then I die too."