Training and allys

All I could think about that morning is what happened last night. I can't believe Rory loves me.

I make my way to the dining room, where I see Effie, Haymitch, and Rory eating breakfast.

"Good morning," I say.

"Good morning sweetheart," Haymitch says.

I take a seat next to Rory who is happily stuffing his face with pancakes. He turns to me and smiles, and maple syrup drips from his chin. I giggle and load my plate with pancakes, fruit, and toast smothered in butter.

"Today is training" explains Effie," so you will be practicing skills and then at the end of the week you will have an individual session where the game makers will grade your performance."

"Training will also be where you can find the strengths and weaknesses of the other tributes and you can decide who you want to make allies with," Haymitch says.

After breakfast we are told to put on what look like red and black wetsuits. When we get to the training area I get my district number stamped onto the back of my outfit.

A tall slender lady then gathers us all up.

"Congratulations on being tributes for this years hunger games. Of course all of you want to grab a sword, but, not all of you will die from being killed by one another. 20% of you will die from dehydration, 30% from infection. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife. No fighting when training, you will have plenty of time for that in the arena," she says with a smirk.

I look around and see a lot of different stations. I then see the weapon station and a pile of knives. I smile and head there. I grab the pile of knives and head into the weaponry room.

The Capitol provides holograms to practice shooting at. They move and come at you like real people.

The lights dim and I see the first hologram from the corner of my eye. I chuck a knife at it and it destroys the hologram immediately. There are about 15-20 hologram people, and I hit every one of them. I turn to leave the room and almost half the tributes are standing at the glass entrance to the room.

'They all want me as an ally' I think I myself.

I exit the weaponry room and as I am walking out the boy from one, Tyrus, says,

"Looking good twelve."

I look at him and see his sister hit his arm and roll her eyes.

I let out a small laugh and head over to the painting section. I see the girl from eleven there, painting her arm.

"Hi," I say to her.

She sheepishly looks up at me, then back down to her arm.

"Hi," she says.

"Destry, right?"

"Yes."

"I'm Prim," I say.

She looks up at me and smiles.

"You're Katniss Everdeen's Sister right?"

"Yes," I say, "So, what are you painting on your arm?"

She looks down at her arm and then picks up a couple of leaves to the side of her. She then puts them near her arm, and I then see the resemblance.

"Wow, that's so cool! You're trying to camouflage your arm!"

"Yeah. I really like painting. Back home, I like to paint on canvases."

"You're really good. Do you know how to hunt?" I ask her.

"Not really," she says shyly.

"Well, if you want I could give you a couple lessons, but only if you teach me how to do that," I say as I point towards her arm.