The first night

I examine Rory's wound, it's pretty deep. I'm just glad it didn't kill him.

"Why was he chasing you?" I ask him.

"Well, I guess I took his spears."

"What do you mean took his spears?"

"Well, I ran to the cornucopia to grab them and we grabbed them at the same time I guess. Then he screamed at me,' I'm gonna kill you! No one touches my spears!' "

"There not his, there whoever grabs them first."

"Try telling him that," he says.

He groans in pain when he moves. I feel so bad for him. I put my bag under his head for support.

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask him.

"No.... actually yes. You can kiss me."

Thoughts fly to my head.

'I don't want to be known as the star crossed lovers. That's cheesy. I love him, but a kiss won't

help. Wait, a kiss got soup sent to my sister. Maybe If I kiss him, I can get some medicine.

I look Rory in the eye. He looks at me lovingly and strokes my face. I lean to him and give him a soft kiss. I pull back and put my forehead on his.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too."

He then pulls me in for a more forceful, long, passionate kiss. His kiss makes me stir inside. His love for me is amazing. I've never felt this way about anybody.

I pull back and smile at him.

"We need to sleep now," I say.

"Okay, will you lay with me?"

"Sure."

I lay beside him and we snuggle together, hoping to get one another's body heat.

As the night passes, I think of my mom, Katniss, Rory's family, the Capitol..... The Capitol. Haymitch. I wonder he will send medicine. I don't regret doing that kiss, even if I don't get sent medicine.

Outside the cave I hear the anthem play. I slowly get up, making sure not to wake up Rory, who is sound asleep. I go outside and watch the sky as it shows the tributes who have lost their lives because of this stupid game.

First Tyrus shows up, then both the tributes from three, male from five, female from six, the one who killed Tyrus, male from eight and both from nine.

That's eight dead the first day.

Looks like Carden survived my knife.

I'm glad Destry made it, I wonder how long she'll survive. I make my way back into the cave. I grab a knife a lay back down next to Rory. I am so tired.

I close my eyes, regretting when I have to open them again, another day where I have to fight for not only my own life,

But for the one I love as well.