Searchers

I wake up to the delicious smell of warm bread. Wait, bread? What?

I sit up and sniff the air.

'Yep, that's definitely bread,' I think to myself.

I look to see where the smell is coming from. I see Destry by the fire. The fire has a flat rock with something on in, in it. I walk over to see what's on it and sure enough, it's bread. A perfect loaf of bread thinly sliced, laying on the rocks. Next to the fire I see a leaf full of berries. Destry sees me.

"Good morning," she says with a smile.

"Good morning. Where did we get the bread?"

"I got it from my sponsors. It's bread from my district."

"Cool! Well, it smells delicious."

"Yeah, I'm warming it up so we can have it for breakfast along with the spread I'm going to make from these berries that Rory picked," she says while popping one into her mouth.

"Sounds good. Where is Rory by the way?"

"Oh, he's out picking more berries."

"Did he take any weapons with him?" I ask.

"Yes, he took a spear."

"Okay, good."

Then just like that, a cannon booms.

My eyes widen and I run outside screaming,

"Rory! Rory!"

I run, like I never have before. My heart beating out of my chest.

'God, please don't let it be Rory.'

"Rory! Ror-"

All of a sudden I crash through some bushes and see Rory kneeling in the ground, breathing heavily. I look to the right and see the male tribute from four pinned to the tree by Rory's spear.

"Are you okay?!" I yell," What happened?!"

"Yes, I'm fine. I was picking berries and I heard him behind me. He threw his trident but it missed and I threw my spear at him and killed him."

"Okay, well that leaves nine of us left, pretty soon the Capitol people will be getting bored with us. So soon enough they're going to send some sort of mutations after us."

Five years ago, my sister's first year in the games, the Capitol sent wolf mutations after the last four tributes, killing two and leaving Katniss and Peeta as the winners.

"Yeah. So when do you want start looking for the supplies?" Rorys asks.

"Well, Destry's making us breakfast, so let's eat first and then we'll go."

"Okay, let me grab my spear."

"Grab his trident too, we can give it to Destry."

We walk back to see that Veronica has finished breakfast. Three big leaves lay in the floor with three slices if the bread and a berry spread off to the side.

"Wow, looks delicious," I say.

"Thanks, I hope you like it," says Destry.

We all sit down and eat the delicious bread, which contained nuts, and spread until we are full and satisfied. We then clean up and start to pack out supplies.

I go over to Destry and hand her the trident from the boy Rory killed earlier.

"Here, I want you to have this for protection, we took it from the boy Rory killed earlier."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep," I say with a smile.

"Thank you."

"Oh, compliments to the chef on the delicious meal."

Destry giggles.

We pack up the rest of our stuff, head out of the cave and start to walk.

"So do you have any idea where their supplies could be?" I ask.

"I have no idea," says Rory.

"You don't think they hid it in the frozen part if the arena, do you?"

"No, I don't think so, I don't see why they would. We are all in thin wetsuits. They don't have the proper clothing for there."

"Okay," I turn to Destry," So Destry, tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'm from district eleven, I have a mother, a father and three siblings."

"What are their names?"

"I have two sisters named Celest and Ardara, and a brother named Ryker."

"How old are they?" Rory asks.

"Celest is fourteen, Ardara is nine and Ryker is eleven."

"Awe, how old are you?" asks Rory.

"You're thirteen right?" I say.

"Yep."

"Cool, I say as I smile.

"Do you miss them?" I ask.

"Yes, I love my family so much and I don't want them to see me die."

I stop in my tracks.

"You're not going to die, I won't allow it. I am going to protect you, I won't let anyone hurt you."

She runs into my arms and hugs me.

"Thank you," she whispers.

I smile.

We continue walking, when all of a sudden Rory stops.

"Why don't we split up? We'll cover more ground faster," says Rory," You and Destry can go one way and I can go another."

"What if you get hurt?" I ask.

"I'll be fine," he assures me.

"Okay, well, we'll meet back at the cave we came from, at sunset, okay?"

"Okay, I'll see you then."

He walks off into the trees.

"Come on Destry, let's go," I say.

We walk for a while, looking for places they could've hid the supplies.

"Prim? Can we stop for a second? There's a river right over there, I need some water."

"Okay, sure."

We walk through some bushes to the river. We drink some of the cool water and rest for about fifteen minutes. We then get up and keep searching.

I look at the sky.

"It's almost sunset. We should start heading back," I say.

"Okay, let's go."

We head back. We pass the place where we split up with Rory when I hear the rustle of bushes. I turn around.

Destry's gone.