Hide and stay alive

I'm running as fast as I can through the forest. I look back and see the careers killing the other tributes. Like Haymitch said, it's a bloodbath. I'm lucky I made it out alive. All I hear is the sound of my heart pounding and the leaves and twigs underneath my feet breaking as I run through the woods.

I run for what feels like half an hour and then stop. I need to rest.

'I need to find a tree,' I think to myself.

Yeah, there are a bunch of trees around, but I need to find one that is high and easy for me to climb.

I finally find a big banyan tree and climb up it. I'm guessing it's about around one or two in the afternoon. I find a good limb that's thick and with a good place to examine my things that I grabbed from the cornucopia.

I open up my pack and take out my knives. There's seventeen knives in all. Fifteen of which are throwing knives. They are slim and are easy to throw and glide easily. They are about the size of my hand. The other three are daggers, not really meant for throwing. They are bigger and thicker than the others. One side is for skinning things and the other side is for sawing through things.

They are also good for close attack, to stab and kill.

I put them back in the black bag and pull out the food. It's dry food. They bag contains nuts and dried fruit. I take out the tin water bottles to find that there is nothing in them.

'Great, water bottles with no water.'

I am putting the food and bottles back into my bag when I heard running footsteps. I grab a knife a stand up, getting ready to climb higher if needed.

I hear the running footsteps getting louder. After a second I realize there is a second pair of running footsteps.

I look down and see to someone getting chased by another tribute. The one getting chased looks familiar. Then I realize who it is.

It's Rory.

I look to see who's chasing him. It's the male tribute from two, Carden. And he has a spear.

I climb down quickly. I need to save Rory.

Rory is running and is panting. Carden looks tired too. Carden stops and picks up the spear.

Before I even have time to react, Aaron throws the spear at Rory. It skims his side, and punctures it. Rory yells and falls to the ground. Aaron then makes his way over there, taking a knife out of his belt. Rory's yelling for help. Aaron lifts the knife and is about to bring it down on Rory when I scream,

"NO!"

I then hurl the knife at him and it hits Carden's left shoulder. He yells and falls onto his knees. He then puts his hand around the knife and pulls it out of his shoulder.

"Rory! Run!"

Rory gets up and slowly tries to get away. He's hurt bad. I run over to him a throw his arm around my shoulder. We slowly are getting away when I hear a bunch of running footsteps. Aurora, Charintina, and another male tribute come running through the bushes. They immediately see Carden bleeding and go over to him.

Rory and I are able to escape, so I take him to a waterfall paradise where the ocean and forest meet. I look around for somewhere to hide. I take him behind the waterfall where there is a cave.

"We'll be safe here," I say to him.

I look at his wound and it seems the bleeding has died down.

Poor Rory, today, the odds were NOT in his favor.