Tracker jackers

I run to wear her voice is coming from. I have to help her. She's so young and doesn't deserve to die.

I crash through the woods.

"Destry? Destry?!" I yell.

"Prim!"

I make it to wear she is and as soon as I see her I immediately get stung by a tracker jacker. I yell in pain.

Tracker jackers are a Capitol mutation. They are genetically modified wasps whose sting can cause powerful hallucinations and sometimes, in severe cases... Death.

I see Destry hurled up in a ball with a covering over her, she's trying to protect herself from the tracker jackers that are swarming around her. there is a broken nest lying on the floor. It must of fallen while she was walking through.

I take the sleeping bag I was carrying and throw it over my body, trying to protect myself from the lethal creatures. I go to where Destry is.

"Destry! It's me Prim! Stand up and run! We need to get out of here! I'll be right behind you!"

Destry looks at me, but does not move. I can tell she is scared.

"It's gonna be okay, I'll be here with you," I say," now on the count of three you're gonna get up and run. Keep the covering over as much of your body as you can. Okay? Ready?"

Veronica nods her head.

"One... two...........three!"

Destry leaps up and runs, and I do the same, following right after her. I get another sting, but keep running. I can hear the tracker jackers following us. I run as fast as I can, but they seem to be flying faster. Another one stings me. I start to get a little light headed, but I keep running in fear of getting so many stings that I will die, like the girl Glimmer did five years ago.

After a while of running, I don't hear the buzz of the tracker jackers anymore. I turn around to see if they are still following us. At this time everything I see is starting to get fuzzy, and I now have a massive headache.

I'm lightheaded. It's because of the tracker jackers. I don't want to be knocked unconscious somewhere the Careers can find me. I don't think I'll be able to make it back to the tree in time. So I call for help.

"Destry! Destry!"

The last thing I see is Destry turning around and running towards me, before I fall and everything goes black.