Four days

I wake up and hear Katniss.

"Prim! Prim! Come here!"

I find myself lying in the meadow in District 12. I get up and run to Katniss who is sitting by a small pond, cupping something in her hands.

"What?" I ask.

"Look at this," she says.

She opens her hands to reveal a small duckling. It's yellow baby feathers shined in the sunlight.

"Awe it's so cute!"

The small duckling quacks.

"Quack," I say.

The duckling quacks back.

"Hey, look! It's communicating with you! It seems to like you, little duck," Katniss says.

Ever since that day, 'Little Duck' has been her nickname for me. The last time she called me that was the day she volunteered for me. Volunteered for the Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games.

I slowly open my eyes and see Destry and Rory sitting by the fire, which lights up the cave. This is a different cave then the one Rory and I stayed in. This one is much smaller. I turn to the opening of the cave and look at the sky, to see that it is nighttime. How long have I been asleep?

I turn back over and apparently Rory hears me and turns around.

"Prim? Prim!"

Both Rory and Destry come to my side.

"Hi," I say.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" Rory asks.

"Fine, kinda hungry though.'"

Destry rushes over to the fire, picks up something and brings it over to me.

"Here! Have this! It's a squirrel, we hunted yesterday and got this and a couple other animals."

"Yesterday? How long have I been out?" I ask.

"Four days," Destry says.

"Four days?!"

"Yeah."

"Wow, has anyone died?"

"The girl from four, the male from six, and both from seven," says Rory.

"So that leaves ten left."

"Yep."

"Anything interesting happen when I was out?" I ask.

"No, not really. We found a tracker jacker nest, so we'll want to stay far away from it," says Destry.

"Yeah, good idea."

I feel my neck and upper arm. Theres no trace of any wounds from the tracker jacker stings.

"Woah! What happened to my stings?"

"Oh, Destry picked some leaves she recognized for medicine and we smashed it up with water, we then put it on your stings. We also put on some of the medicine we grabbed from the cornicopia onto it too, and it helped," explained Rory.

"Did any of you get stung?"

"I did twice," said Destry," but I didn't pass out, so I'm ok."

"Did you?" I ask Rory.

"Nope, I'm fine."

"Good. So what are the careers up to?"

"Well they've taken all the food, and everything that was left at the Cornicopia and took it and hid all of it," Destry says.

"All of it?" I ask.

"All of it."

"Do you know where they hid it?"

"Nope, I've gone out a couple times to try and find it but I couldn't. They hid it good," says Rory.

"Yeah, I bet. They don't want little tributes sneaking in and taking their stuff," I say looking at Destry.

"Yeah," she says giggling.

"Well, now that you're awake, we can go out tomorrow and look for it," says Rory.

"Good idea," I say.

"Well we better get some sleep, we'll need our energy for tomorrow."

"Okay, good night guys," Destry says.

She gets up and goes and lays down by the fire.

"Good night Destry," I say, "Good night Rory."

He gives me a soft kiss on the lips.

"Good night I love you."

"I love you too."