Chapter 10: Suprise!

I was comfortable, on a cloud. I slept in the bed in Scabs room last night and I was so happy. Somehow, I had to find out about this "glow" between myself and Gab- I couldn't even think his name without upsetting myself.

"Stupid boy," I mumbled aloud.

"Oh good," Scabs addressed me as if we were friends. As if he hadn't pressed a knife to my throat yesterday. "Well wench, it appears you'll get your wish, it's been decided that I can't keep you for myself and that you must be puts with the others IDs."

"What IDs? Who or what are they?" I had more questions than answers at the moment and I needed to get some things straightened out.

"Wow, I didn't believe the prophesy....I figured you of all people-," Scabs cut himself off abruptly. I looked at his to see it contorted in pain, as if an invisible hand was strangling him.

"Me of all people would what?"

The "hand" stopped strangling Scabs, "I figured you would know the prophesy. It is about you after all."

"What does the prophesy say?" Scabs had sparked my interest.

"I am forbidden to say. The prophesy can only be told to the one who it is about by the one who made it."

"Great. So who made this prophesy?"

There was a long pause. Scabs looked as though he was thinking about his options. "A prophetess. She has no name and she changes forms as needed," Scabs replied quickly.

"Okay so there's a prophetess who changes form and she made a prophecy about me and you're forbidden to tell it," I tried to piece together what Scabs had said.

"Yes, now no more questions," Scabs released a breath he had not been holding. "Get dressed girlie, I'm taking you to the others."

"What others? Where are you taking me?" I asked.

Scabs raised his arm to backhand me again, "I said no more questions!"

"I'm sorry," I said, cowering away from Scabs' hand.

"Not so tough now, are you girlie? Had a lot more to say a few minutes ago, didn't you? Maybe I should bring the Prince in to watch you getting beaten," Scabs said, trying to get a rise out of me.

I fought against saying anything but my mouth won, "Bring him in! I could probably kill him for what he's done to me!"

"You aren't exactly in the best position to make death threats are you?" Scabs stood three feet in front of me and raised his hand to me again. "Shut up or I'll make you." I quickly stopped talking and let Scabs take me to my next destination.