Chapter 8: Capture

"Wake up," a masculine voice commanded me to wake from my dreamless slumber but my body would not comply.

"See Boss, I told you that was too much for her," a second male voice joined the conversation.

"I didn't give her too much. She can probably hear us now, she's just faking it," the man called 'Boss' spoke. "Take her with the other IDs." I felt my body being lifted from the ground by two people and carried to another location. I finally had gained control of my body and instructed my eyes to peek through my eyelashes. I saw myself and the two people carrying turn so many corners, I probably couldn't figure out how to escape even if they paid me.

"Hey, John, you think before we take her to the area with the IDs we should have our own fun?" one of my carriers asked the other.

"No, we shouldn't, Boss gave us instructions to follow," John answered.

"John, James," a third voice rang out clear in the conversation, a familiar voice but I couldn't place it.

"Your Excellency," I felt the two men leaning forward, dropping me to the ground in the process.

"Take her to my chambers," the voice said.

"But Your Excellency, we have orders from the boss, he told us to put her with the other IDs."

"And who is your boss's boss?"

"You are Sir. We'll deliver her immediately."

"Bring her here, let me examine the goods," the voice spoke again. I could finally figure out who it was, it was Gabriel but what was he doing in this?

The two men carried me to the source of Gabriel's voice and deposited me into his arms. He brought his lips close to my ear and spoke quickly, "Donatella, it's me; I'm going help you get out."

"Your services are no longer needed, go back to Scabs, see what he needs," Gabriel turned us around and walked away from John and James toward a different area of the establishment.

"Gabriel, what are you doing here? How are you mixed up in this?" I asked Gabriel questions, hoping for answers.

"I'll explain in my room, right now, you should not be talking. You can keep your eyes open but don't talk," Gabriel answered me quickly.

"But Gabe," I protested.

"Quiet," Gabriel hissed through his teeth. We continued walking through the compound toward his chambers. Gabriel's strong arms continued to support my body as he hurried through the halls. Arriving at his room, he turned and put his back on the door to push it open.

"Your Excellency," a female voice called to Gabriel.

"What is it Sylvie?" Gabriel asked the woman as she came closer. She pressed her petite frame against his body, completely ignoring me in his arms.

"Gabey, baby, don't you need me?" she fluttered her eyelashes over her brown eyes in a poor attempt at flirting.

"Sylvie. You know we're through. We had a few good times but we're over now."

"Is it because of her, that girl you're holding? I can make her disappear, baby," she said.

Gabriel shifted me to his side, opened the door to a room and pushed Sylvie in. "Sylvie, we're done. Look at us, don't you see-" Gabriel started.

"The glow!" Sylvie fell to her knees before Gabriel and I. "Your Excellency, is she-"

"Yes, she is. Now go, be gone, go peddle your goods elsewhere," Gabriel replied turning back to the door to his room. He opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind him. "Welcome to my humble abode Donatella." Gabriel set me on the bed.

"I imagine the sedative is still in your system. You shouldn't try to walk yet, just kick your legs to use to them again," he said going to the closet adjoined to the room.

"Yeah, sure Gabe," I said as I sprawled out across his bed, loving the feeling of a soft mattress. The feeling was almost foreign, I hadn't slept in a bed for nearly a week; I'd slept on the floor of a temple and on dry, hard ground outside.

"Donatella, what have I told you about calling me Gabe?" Gabriel advanced toward me with an evil glint in his eyes.

I quickly sat up with my hands on my knees, "Gabe, let it go. I'm always going to call you Gabe until I find another suitable shortening for your name."

"That's 4 times since I rescued you from being put with everyone else. Those minor 'slip-ups' wield punishment." Gabriel strode to the bed and settled himself next to me. He reached over and pulled the covers sharply toward him causing me to tumble off the bed.

"Gabriel, I can't believe you dumped me on the floor," I said as I struggled to get untangled from the bed sheets.

"Here, I'll help you," Gabriel bent down and extended his hand to help me up.

"Gotcha!" I exclaimed. I pulled gum down to the floor with me.

"No matter, I'll break you from calling me Gabe," Gabriel got on his knees and commenced to tickling me with no end in sight.

"Gabriel, stop it. What if someone walks in on us or-" my sentence was almost a confirmation of what happened next.

"My Lord," a man entered with his face downcast, looking at the carpeting as if it contained a secret message. "There has been an escape on my watch, My Lord. Please, forgive me. I offer my life as a repayment-" the man looked up from the floor to see Gabriel and me in a rather compromising position. He approached the bed quickly, his feet barely making any noise and grabbed me by my hair, pulling me off of the floor.

"Let me go!" I screamed as I felt his hand ripping hair from my scalp. "Let me go!" I flailed my arms above my head, hoping to hit his hand but I hit nothing but air.

"Shut up!" the man drew back his open palm to slap me across the face. I looked at Gabriel, begging, pleading that he would stop this man from hurting me.

"Please," I pleaded vocally with Gabriel. He opened his mouth and I was shocked with what he said.