Chapter Five

Here you are: the full and finished chapter five, though I'm not to sure about it since I feel like it's mostly dialogue. We'll see, but hey, it's the longest chapter yet.

Sorry it took me so long to complete. Hope yall enjoy! :3

______________________________________________________________

CHAPTER FIVE

I landed roughly on the sidewalk, the gravelly surface tearing at my hands and arms.

“You okay, man?” Cole asked, grabbing my arm and pulling me up so that I could get my feet back under me.

“Fine,” I muttered, dusting off my jeans and glaring at the door that had just closed behind the two of us. The moonlight gave it an eerie glow. “Next time, we bring backup.”

We had both just been literally thrown out of the restaurant for ‘disrupting the peace’ or something like that. After we’d decided that it was definitely not a date and that we were just hanging out, we’d gotten pretty loud with our debate. Incase you’re wondering, neither of us won.

A chuckle escaped the guy beside me. “I think we could take him. We’re tough enough.”

“Yeah, it’s not like he just threw both of us out a door at the same time or anything. We could totally take him down.”

“Alright, alright. We’ll bring backup if either of us comes here again,” Cole held up his hands in surrender and rolled his eyes at me.

“Heck yeah!” I cheered, pumping my fist in the air.

We both laughed for a moment and then lapsed into a silence that wasn’t as awkward as they had been before. Sometime after the ‘this is not a date’ thing, I think we’d become friends.

Just then a car horn sounded, scaring me half to death. Turning with a ninja jump, I saw Alex’s midnight-blue mustang sat in front of me. My friend had his brows raised and he made a ‘Hurry up and get in’ motion with his hand.

I made a face at him and turned back to my ‘date’ to say something else. Almost immediately, I painfully aware of how itchy my wig was and my fingers twitched while I restrained myself from scratching my scalp furiously. My resistance to get into the car faded.

So, instead of saying was I had been planning on saying, I said: “Hey, this is my ride. See ya later!” and quickly began to saunter toward the ‘stang.

Cole grabbed my arm to stop me before I could take two steps toward my destination. One glance at his face and I could tell something was bothering him. He looked as if he had to go to Helms Deep and fight the entire army of orcs by himself. I frowned in an attempt to keep from laughing.

"What do we tell them?" He asked, letting go of my arm.

Them?” I, being the dimwit I sometimes am, had now idea what he was talking about. In retrospect, I should’ve known after seeing the look Cole’s face.

“The twins.”

“About what?” Slowly, I inched my way towards the car.

“About the ‘date.’”

Oh.

I’m sure my face would have paled right then if it had to be me to break the news to the Double Devils - they were vicious, and probably had rabies -, but the real Alex would have to be the one to tell them since they didn’t know about our little arrangement. There was no cause for fear on my part.