Chapter Three

I'm not really happy with this one... :/

Oh well.

Let me know what you think! :)

___________________________________________________________

CHAPTER THREE:: ALEXANDREA’S POV ::

“Let me go, you insensitive jerk!” I cried, throwing my weight back against my attacker.

His hands tightened on my arms as he pushed me out the front door and onto the porch.

“Help! Help!” I shrieked. “I’m being kidnapped!”

Some people out in their front yards stopped what they were doing to glance in my direction before going back to their mundane lives.

Wow... Way to react, people.

“Seriously!?” Gasped Alex, loosening his grip on my arms he spun me around to face him.

Ha! You thought I was actually being kidnapped, didn’t you? 

“No. Not seriously. Jestingly,” I retorted.

“Drea!” He exclaimed, starting to look irritated.

I blinked. “Drea? Who’s Drea? My name’s Alex.”

Yes, misses, ma’ams, and sirs, I was then officially made over and transformed into Alex II. I would say I looked very handsome, but the real Alex hadn’t let me look at myself in the mirror yet.

“Just get in the car,” the very man I just mentioned demanded.

Saluting him, I marched to his midnight blue mustang and hoped into the passenger seat.

I would have been taking my truck, only, my parents had taken my truck from me and refused to let me drive without an another person (an adult) in the car to make sure I was paying attention Don’t look at me like that! It was just that I’d scraped my bumper a little against someone's car when I backed into them. Okay, maybe it was a lot of scrape.

I involuntarily shivered as Alex pulled out of the driveway. It was a short drive to the restaurant, but I, as nervous as I was, felt as if it was going to take hours. Of course, I had no physical tale-tell signs of my anxiety, being me the amazing actress I was and all, except that I kept chewing on the inside of my cheek. It was starting to hurt, though, so I desperately searched for something else to distract me.

Suddenly, a song hit my ears and registered in my brain.

I turned up the radio as I recognized Set Fire To The Rain by Adele, trying not to look out the windows at my surroundings so I wouldn’t know how close we were to the restaurant and freak out.

“I set fiiiiire to the raaain, watched it poourr as I touched your faaaace!” I sang along in my awesome singing voice with my perfect pitch and tune.

Oh, excuse me. Is my narcissism showing?

Alex leaned forward, pressing the button that turned the radio off.

“Hey!” I pouted. “I was listening to that.”

“Well, I don’t want to listen to you screech along to it.”

I narrowed my eyes accusingly at him. “I dyed my eyebrows for you, mister.”

“Well, I just dropped you off for my date. So have fun!”

Glancing out the window, I saw that we were indeed at Fancy Diner. The name of the restaurant was scrolled across the front of the building in big, curving, electric letters.