Chapter Four

First of all, I'd like to thank Beautiful_Liar for the wonderful cover over there! >>>>>>

Thank you so much! :D

And second of all, thank you to all my readers! Y'all are awesome!! XD

Lastly...... THE HUNGER GAMES PREMIERS TONIGHT/TOMORROW MORNING!!!!!! I'm so flippin' excited! Even if I'm not going to the midnight showing. That's alright though, since I usually don't remember half a movie if I go and watch it so late.... or early... but, yeah anyway, I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I'M SO HYPED! XD

_________________________________________________

For those of you who don’t know who Joe DiMaggio is, he was Norma Jeane Mortenson/Baker’s (a.k.a. Marilyn Monroe’s) husband. I think....

Full realization of whom sat in front of me left me speechless. I fought hard to keep a look of utter shock from registering on my face.

It was R. C. Kelvin that I was on a date with. The guy I’d nearly killed. The guy who I’d driven to the hospital a few times every week because of what I’d done. I’d only ever called him Kelvin, since I’d never learned what the R. and C. stood for.

That scar was from his seatbelt when I’d pulled him out of that car wreak.

You can’t blame me for not recognizing him immediately. The guy had been really beat up back when I’d first met him...well, you know why, and his hair had been much shorter too. In addition, I’d never even seen his eyes or really heard his voice since he’d been blinded and we’d hardly ever talked.

Cole noticed me staring at the scar and gave me a smile. 

“Car accident,” he said. “I got T-boned by this girl a couple years ago. She ran a red light.”

For a moment I just blinked at him, frightened that he knew who I was.

Then I remembered that I was dressed as Alex.

Oh yeah, he has no idea I’m me. In addition there’s no way he would recognize me since he’d never even seen me.

“Wow, she must be a bit-” I began to say, but he cut me off. 

“Whoa, don’t go there,” He said, holding up a hand to stop me as if I was about to say something bad about myself. Yeah right. “She wasn’t that bad, just kind of...um... Well, she drove me to PT and everything afterwords since I didn’t have any family in town, and paid for the hospital bills.” 

It was really, really weird to hear him talking about me like I wasn’t there. Oh, wait, I wasn’t there, Alex was. 

Still, it was kind of cute to hear him defending me.

Wow, I thought. If I hadn’t endangered and then saved his life, I would so and totally be crushing on him right now.

What? I can’t crush on two guys at the same time? Stop your worrying. Kip was in no way forgotten. 

“I was gonna say: ‘a bit distracted.’”

His brows knit. “Oh.”

There was another brief silence while I tried to think up something Alex would say, such as: “So, what’d she look like? Was she hot?” But then that would be weird since I/Alex was supposed to be on the...

“Yeah, I guess she was,” Cole said.

I started at his voice.

Did I say that out loud? Well,...this sucks royal hippogryph.