Chapter 17

"Here you are, girls." Sharon leads us to a black door with with the words make up on it. "They're right in here."

"Thanks, Sharon!" Megan and I say simultaneously.

"No problem." Sharon spins on her heel leaving us alone.

I twist the door handle and push it open. Harry, Niall, Louis, and Liam are sitting in chairs getting their make up done. Never thought I would see them wearing make up. Where's Zayn?

"I thought only girls wear make up?" Megan laughs walking up behind them.

The guys whip their heads around quickly earning annoyed sounds from their make up artists. They turn their heads back to their make up artists.

"Where's Zayn?" I ask sitting down on the black couch on the wall behind them.

"Bathroom." Niall answers.

"I have the Tylenol you asked for." I grab the medicine bottle from the small bag I brought with me.

I normally don't carry bags, but I didn't want to just be carrying a Tylenol bottle. The paparazzi would just love that. One Direction's friend Tori Adams addicted to drugs. Yeah, that would be plastered everywhere. No, I carried a bag just for tonight.

"Zayn! We have Tylenol!" Harry yells at the bathroom door. Zayn stumbles out of the bathroom looking paler than usual.

"Oh my gosh!" I jump up. "Zayn, are you okay?" I rush over to his side.

He shakes his head. "Not really. I think I have a twenty four hour bug."

I grab his arm and lead him to the couch. I feel his forehead to see if he has a fever. It's a little warm, but not too bad. "You need to get some fluids in you." I say.

Megan hands me a water bottle from the mini fridge they have in here. I unscrew the lid and hand it to Zayn. He takes it from me and drinks it slowly.

"He can't go on stage like this." I say to the guys.

"No, no. I'll be fine. I can't let the fans down." Zayn stands up clutching his head.

I grab his hand pulling him back down. "No, you're dizzy. Can you guys sing without him?"

They exchange a quick look before nodding. "We'll sing his parts for him." Harry says.

I nod. "You need to rest." I push him back on the couch. He lays down closing his eyes. He looks terrible.

The door opens and Sharon walks back in. "You guys go on in five." She notices Zayn laying on the couch.

"He won't be singing." Liam answers her before she can ask.

"I was afraid of that. Okay, well, you four need to get ready." She pushes them out of the room.

"Megan, why don't you go watch from the crowd? I'll stay with Zayn." I offer.

"I'm not leaving." Megan crosses her arms stubbornly.

I look from Megan to the guys. "Good luck, guys." I stand up walking to Liam. "I know you'll do great." I kiss his cheek. The guys smirk at me. Liam grins broadly at me.

"That was cute, but we need to go!" Sharon pushes them out of the room.

I sit down in one of the three chairs facing Zayn and Megan. Megan is sitting there smirking at me. "What?" I ask.

"You're getting braver."

I blush and turn my head. "Shut up, Meg."

The tv in the room turns on showing the guys run out on the stage. The audience starts screaming loudly. Zayn sighs frowning at the screen. Awh. I feel so bad for him.

"How's everyone doing tonight?" Harry yells in the microphone. "As you can see, Zayn isn't with us tonight. He is feeling a bit under the weather and cannot perform." He explains.

"So, we have someone else to sing in his place." Liam smiles. Someone else? "How many people here know Tori Adams?"

Heck no. I am not getting out on that stage.

The audience screams back at him. "Well, Tori happens to be an incredibly singer." Louis starts to say. "She doesn't know it, but she will be taking Zayn's place for tonight."

The door opens to reveal Liam and Niall. I jump from my chair and back away from them. "No! No! No!" I shake my head.

"Please Tori?" Niall begs stepping closer.

"If you listen carefully, you can hear her on Niall and Liam's microphone." Harry states.

They start coming even closer and I push a chair down and run past them. I run out of the room quickly. They follow close behind me. Dang. If I wasn't so short I would be running faster. Two arms circle around my waist pulling me to a warm chest.

"No! Liam, let me go!" I struggle to get out of his hold.

"It's only for a few songs." He pleads pulling me even closer.

"No!" I shout. Liam grabs my waist and tosses me over his shoulder like a fireman. I pound on his back to make him let me go. "Why can't you just sing his parts?" I try to wiggle out of his grip. His arm tightens around my waist preventing me from moving. I prop my elbows on his back placing my head in my hands.

Liam heads to the stage with me over his shoulder.

I glare at Niall who is walking behind us. "Look who we found!" Niall grins when we walk over to Louis and Niall. Actually, I get carried.

Liam sets me on my feet, but doesn't let go of my waist. He must realize I'll try to run. "Say hi to Tori everyone." The crowd screams my name.

"Who wants Tori to sing tonight?" Niall asks them. When they scream back, he smiles proudly. "Wouldn't want to disappoint them, would you?"

Louis hands me a wireless black microphone. I snatch it out of his hand. "I hate you guys." I glare at the guys.

"Alright! Now that's settled!" Liam laughs at me.

The music to their song Up All Night starts playing. It's a good thing I know all their songs. Any girl would kill to be me right now.

"It feels like we been living in fast forward. Another moment passing by. The party's ending but it's now or never. Nobody's going home tonight." Liam sings letting go of my waist. He is such a good singer.

"Katy Perry's on replay, she's on replay. DJ got the floor to shake, the floor to shake. People going all the way, yeah, all the way. I'm still wide awake." Harry sings to the crowd.

I lift the microphone to my face and sing the chorus with them. "I wanna stay up all night and jump around until we see the sun. I wanna stay up all night and find a guy and tell him he's the one." If I have to sing with them I get to change the lyrics just a little.

"Hold on to the feeling and don't let it go cause we got the floor now. Get out of control. I wanna stay up all night, and do it all with you."

"Up all night. Like this, all night, hey. Up all night. Like this, all night, hey. Up all night."

Now it's my turn. Great.

"Don't even care about the table breaking. We only wanna have a laugh.

I'm only thinking 'bout this guy I'm kinda seeing. I hope he wanna kiss me back." I sing changing words at the right time. The chorus comes back around and I start jumping up and down feeling the excitement flow through my body.

I can see why the guys love singing. It's such a great feeling seeing all the fans. Even hearing them scream your name it's insane.