9

Tamika walked upstairs with the phone in her hand. "Why are you calling me?" She asked nervously. She didn't want to sound rude, even though he was her ex-boyfriend, they were still friends... kinda. "I still like you Tamika. And I don't think I'll ever like anyone as much as I like you." Zack said, no need to hesitate. Tamika sighed," I,still like you to Zack. But, we can't be together." Tamika replied, and then hung up. She ran her fingers through her hair. Why was this so... complicated? She ignored the stupid thought and decided to take a shower and go straight to bed.
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Tamika got dressed the next day.

It was a Sunday

It was a Sunday. Tomorrow she'd be going to a school that wasn't the same as her old school. Ridgewood High, exactly. It was technically a high school and mode school so it went from 6th to 12th grade. Ring! Ring! Ring!

-With Summer-

"Hello?" Tamika answered." Hey, I heard there's this really cool masquerade ball in Wisconsin, for the middle grades and up! I'm not so sure if I can go or not." "Oh, I heard about it too. It's this Saturday. I'm so going! It'll be the first thing I can do in this dump." Summer smiled. That was classic Tamika. "Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that me and the group might be there." "Alright, well I gotta go. I'm going to go meet up with Liv and Maddie." "Who are those people?" "Twins. The only people I've met since I've been here. Hanging out with them today." "Oh, okay. Later, I guess." Summer replied and hung up the phone. She decided to text someone she hasn't saw in a long time...

Esme.

S: hi Esme

E: what do you want?

S: why did you dump Lawrence? Why did you become mean? Why did you become a goth?

E: because he's nerdy, because I can, and because it fits me

S: this isn't you, E

S: where's the real Esme

E: ...

E: bye, Kale and Clark are here

E: also, mind your own business, Hathaway

Esme has blocked you

Summer sighed," This isn't Esme. She loves that Lawrence is so nerdy. She hates being mean, and she hates gothic stuff. Tamika, where are you? You have to change this." She said. Just then Freddy walked inside. "Hey baby." He said, kissing her cheek. That's when Summer smiled. "Babe, we're going to a few homes, let's go."
***
"Zack Kwon!" Summer yelled, walking inside his bedroom. "How dare you not contact anyone in the- wow. What happened here!" She looked around; tissues, soda bottles, food, books, clothes, pens on the floor; a messy bed, dirty bedsheets, and sitting on it, was Zack, who was surrounded by pictures of him and Tamika.

"Ew, this is gross." Summer said, stepping threw the garbage. "You're buying me another pair of ankle boots, by the way. And a new top," She said. She brushed her top and sat on the dirty bed. "What's wrong?" "TAMIKASAIDWECAN'TBETOGETHEREVENTHOUGHWEBOTHSTILLLIKEEACHOTHERRRR!" "WHAT?" Freddy said. "Tamika said we can't be together even though we both still like each other!" Zack pouted, as if he was a 3 year old boy who was just told he couldn't get any cookies since he didn't eat his food. Summer had walked out and came back with a banana. "Eat," She said. "No!" Zack smacked the banana out of Summer's hand, which startled her. He loves bananas.

Zack took out a bucket of ice cream out of his mini freezer. "All I'm eating is Oreo ice cream!" He took out his ice cream scooper and began to eat his ice cream. "Dude, your parents are allowing this?" Freddy questioned. "They'reth afraidt tooth comte int heref after I bit myth Momth andf kickedf myth Dadth." Zack said with his mouth full of Oreo cookie ice cream.

"That's it, you're going with us to the masquerade ball in Wisconsin. Nobody tell Tamika we're coming." "You don't know if I can go..." Zack said. "I don't care, you're coming with me though. So get dressed, clean this room, and yourself, and you better be ready or you'll wish you never met me." Summer demanded. "And after that, go to the mall, and get me my boots that your garbage has been all over, and a new top that yours smelly, dirty bed has touched. Do you understand Kwon?" "Mmmhmmm." Zack nodded again, with ice cream in his mouth. Summer took the ice cream, knowing it was his last bucket. She threw it perfectly out the window and into an open garbage bin. "Now, Mister." She said. "Come on Freddy, we're going to Lawrence's."
***
"Lawrence Dooley! I'm telling you this one time. We're going to a masquerade ball, we leave tomorrow morning, don't be late."

She did the same thing to Esme. Summer was determined to see her bestie again.

And to reunite the group.