Chapter 12: Why Us?

Sierra held her head down in sorrow chugging from a mug. Her brothers had come back from their last mission two weeks earlier and in some need for medical attention. She chugged down her beer as she whined to her companions. Juvia and Kaylanie.

"I'm  so lonely..." she moaned.

"We know. You've  been drinking from the same mug for an hour and a half" Kaylanie remarked snatching the mug from Sierra's hands.

"I haven't been out on a job in over a month. It's what...March and I'm  broke." She banged her head on the table.

"We'll help you find a job!" Juvia cheered "Right Kayla'?"

Kaylanie didn't  answer as she was too focused on her glass of water "If I drink this would it be like drinking my own children. Resulting in the death of my soul..."

"Kaylanie can reflect later on. At the moment we need to help Sierra" Juvia said patting the girl's back.

Sierra tried reaching for her cup "I need a change of pace. Get drunk, get a dress...get laid? I heard it feels nice. Does it?" She asked looking at Juvia.

"Why are you asking Juvia?" Juvia said feeling offended.

Sierra  gestured to her body "Cause,you know..."

"Gyeeh" Kaylanie turned to Jordie, who had his head on the counter moaning. "What's wrong Jordie?"

"Hilda"

"Hmm?"

"The inn keeper back in Bosco. She won't  stop sending me postcards to go to karaoke night. I don't  even know how she got my adress" Jordie tossed her the postcard where Hilda was posing for him in a bikini.

Kaylanie smiled fondly at the card "How sweet"

Juvia examined Sierra's crouched figure with curious eyes, lifting her hand up she grabbed a couple strands of her faded pink hair that was  falling into a white. "Is Sierra's hair actually dyed?"

Sierra glanced at her "No, I had pink hair since I was a kid"

"Then why is it turning white?"

"No idea, ever since those handy dandy dragon slayer shit started my hair began to fade back"

"Back?" Juvia repeated.

"Yep, at some weird point when I was a kid my hair was white. It was when that whole kidnapping thing happened. I just thought Sting dyed it when I was sleeping cause a week later my pink was back"

Juvia nodded taking in the information.

The group is soon joined by a grumpy looking Zayn,sitting beside Sierra.

"Hey Zayn!" Sierra said happily. "Where've you been?"  She asked, it had been a while since anyone had seen him around the hall.

"I was here just upstairs and shit" he said grumpily.

"What's up your ass?"

"Did you know that Khairin is coming back. He sent me a letter" Zayn groaned hiding his other reasons.

Sierra and Jordie groaned.

"Who's he?" Juvia and Kaylanie asked.

"He's been gone since what? July... More than a year. It's been such a peaceful nine months" Jordie said enjoying his last few moments of peace.

"He's Minerva and I's cousin, Khairin. He left on a job and hasn't  been back since" Zayn explained

"What kind of job"