Chapter 4: Sense

Levy and her group came back to the guild after parting ways with Sierra. They sat down the boys to explain some of the details of the job ahead.

They sat at their usual table, Levy unfolded the piece of paper and began to read it " So it pretty much says here that in Casey Bay, is the base of a dark guild Odysseus Stone..."

"Sheesh what is up with dark guild names now? They don't make sense. Does no one proof read" Sting said. Rogue smacked him across his head and let Levy continue.

"Anyways, apparently the town is being terrorized by a monster that works for the guild. It's been killing them, leaving some blind, deaf and whatever" Levy finished and put down the request " Apparently when the victims try and go to the doctor for one of the effects, they say it's natural and nothing has taken them away by any force whatsoever"

"Do you think the monster, brainwashed the victims or he simply steals them without a word" Serena asked, now seated besides Levy.

The table jumps when they see her " You scared us!! How did you get here?" Ski asked, her voice unusually high from the scare.

"I've been here the whole time soo..." Serena trailed off, " You see, I've been rather absent in the guild for a very long time. I want to see how much you've all improved. If you are then we are to battle"

"You've got to be kidding me!!" Sting cheered jumping up from his seat "Pick me! Pick me! PICK ME!!!" He said waving his body around.

"Sting, I'm joining you all on this job to see if you and Rogue have improved as well," Serena turned to the bluenettes at her side "And see what you two can truly do. The games hardly proved anything from what I can feel"

Juvia and Levy glanced at each other with worrisome eyes. Rogue pulled Sting in his seat as Sierra and Kaylanie walked into the guild with gleeful smiles on their faces and holding hands.

"Huh are you guys sick or something?" Autumm asked for the table, seeing them that close to each other --not to mention touching-- and not ripping each others eyes out, was a miracle.

"No, we're just happy to see you all" Kaylanie said, joyful tears now streaming down her face as she squeezed the exceed in her arms.

Levy explained to them the details of the mission while they took a seat and got settled in. Sierra's head snaps up as Levy explained where it would take place "Casey Bay!!!!??"

"Yes that's the name of the town" Juvia repeats

"We need to head to the beach then!!" Sierra exclaimed grabbing hold of Juvia's shoulders.

"Oh yeah we went there once as kids I think" Sting mentioned swifting through his memories of the old days.

Juvia and Levy gave the twins a look. Sting continued "I'm pretty sure we have a house down there. Right Mom?"

Rogue, knowing he was referring to himself, answered "Yes, the beach house "

"How rich are you guys?" Levy asked

"We get by, plus Rogue and Persephone are great with handling money" Sting explained "We should stop by there for a night!If we can leave now we can hang out on the beach"

"Sounds like a plan" Serena said, turning to the door. They all followed her out and made their way to the train station. Juvia made sure to inform Yukino of their departure before leaving.

The temporary team had left the train station and were now on the sunny beach of Casey Bay. They had settled into the Ravey's beach house for the night.