All My Life ch.10

~~~~~~Avery~~~~~~

"I'm, what? How? No, but I-"

"You aren't fully human, nor are you fully vampire"

"But-"

"This is caused by a certain type of blood in your system, or Zayn did not bite in the correct spot or for long enough"

"How do we know which one?"

"Well, it's quite unpleasant but, I will bite you. Not to kill, not to change, to...sample. It will hurt. Come, this way, we must get you somewhere secure"

I began walking cautiously behind him. His cloak dragged behind. He wasn't as scary as Zayn made him sound, at least not yet anyway.

"I'm glad you came" he said, leading me down a hallway.

"Why is that?" I asked, trying to remain polite.

"Because I haven't stood up in 100 years. Meals are brought to me and I can deal with most things from my throne, this however needs special care."

"Oh"

Zayn trailed slightly behind me. I looked back, his eyes were nervous as he watched me. Subconsciously, he bit his lip and stared into the distance.

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so. I just hope I didn't do this to you."

"It's ok, I'll be ok."

"You say that now, but the pain of being bitten, especially after you've been bitten before... it's unbearable, it paralyzes you, makes your eyes roll back, you feel like you are being eaten by acid from the inside out. The first time you are bitten is nothing compared to a second bite."

"That's comforting, thank you" I rolled my eyes at him. He always sucked in situations like this, he's almost too honest, but I prefer it to a lie.

We walked down another long corridor and into a very small brick room with a metal chair, open cuffs dangled from the arms and legs.

"Now, sit in the chair. Miss Malik, I know this is uncomfortable, and I know it isn't something you want to do, but it must be done. Zayn, cuff her in."

He put the cuffs on my wrists, kissing them before he closed them in.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered in my ear, "I love you"

"I love you too."

I closed my eyes.

"I like how he calls you Miss Malik" he said quietly to me as he closed the lash cuff and stepped back. I smiled, but kept my eyes shut and didn't say a word.

"Are you ready?" Damon asked.

"Yes"

The pain of the bite wasn't horrible, he just bit the bottom of my neck, where the collar bone connects.

"Interesting. Are you alright? I didn't hardly take any out of you and I did not put any venom in."

"I'm alright." My he's were open now, he was pacing and running his tongue over his teeth, over and over again.

"You have strange blood. However, this can be counteracted... if you wish to remain a vampire."

"I do."

"Alright. You are going to bite Zayn and take a small amount of his blood so it is in your system. Then, Zayn is going to bite you again, multiple times. This should fix it, I've only seen a situation like this once before, and it is not the fault of either of you. Are you ready?"

"Yes" Zayn said, I was still trying to process all of this.

"Good, Avery, are you ready?"

"I- I guess."

Zayn leaned in close to me, he kissed my neck, so gently. "You can do this" he whispered. He kissed the corner of my collarbone, his nose on the back of my neck by the base of my ear.
"Go"
I kissed his neck before sinking in my teeth. His blood was crisp, sweet, cold. I took a little and stopped. He stood completely still until I stopped. Never uttering a sound or moving a muscle, though I'm sure it must have hurt. He looked me in the eyes before he turned to face Damon. His neck bloodied. I couldn't look at it, I felt so guilty for hurting him.

~~~~~~ Zayn~~~~~~

I could tell she was trying to be gentle but damn that hurt. Now it was my turn. I turned to face Damon.
"Upper inner thigh on both sides, wrists, neck."
I nodded my head.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered before kneeling down in front of her.

"Inner thighs hurt the least, start there" Damon instructed. I nodded again.

I braces my hands on her knees and immediately felt them tense up. Her eyes were still closed but she nodded, signaling she was ready. I slid my teeth gently across her smooth thigh until I was almost to the top, I kissed the place where the skin would soon break and cause her great pain. I grimaced before sinking in my teeth. All her muscles tightened but she didn't say a word. I moved to the other side, doing the same process, kissing, grimacing, biting.

Her eyes were open and she was staring at me, her big green eyes staring into mine, making the world stop. Making me wish I could stop this.

I took her hand in mine, I made a trail of kisses up to her wrist before biting again. This time, she made a very small sound, I know this pain is excruciating, I would have screamed by now, she's just so damn stubborn. I took her other hand and repeated the process.

Now it was time for her neck. Her eyes bore into my soul. I knew this would be the worst, it would probably knock her out, which I suppose would be for the best.

I kissed her lips and whispered in her ear.

~~~~~~Avery~~~~~~

The pain was almost unbearable but somehow I pulled it together.

"I love you, I am so, so sorry" he whispered. I felt his breath on my neck before the bite. I tried not to scream, I tried incredibly hard. I know how hard this had been for Zayn and I didn't want to make it worse. My eyes opened wide, I looked at him and he knew. He kissed my forehead and walked out, very quickly. Damon stayed to watch me. He closed the door.

I screamed, I could no longer contain it. My eyes felt like they were melting, I couldn't see anything. I felt like my entire body was on fire, burning me from the inside out, like acid was dissolving away everything inside of me and threatening to go through my skin. I screamed again. I tried to breathe but I couldn't. I tried to look around but again I couldn't see anything at all. Then, I felt nothing.