All My Life ch. 2

~~~~~~Avery~~~~~~

I tried to ignore them but I felt their eyes on me, watching my every move. Zayn pulled me close to him. "Are you alright? Don't be frightened, I know they seem intimidating, but really they aren't so bad." I nodded, appreciating his comforting words. "Will you explain now?" I asked, wrapping my arms around the back of his neck. He kissed me quickly and said "Of course" he took my hand and we walked to my room. "Alright, you ask and I'll answer" he said, smirking a little. I thought for a minute then millions of questions bubbled inside me. "Why me?" I asked. "Because, each vampire is born human, I mean obviously. Anyway, we each have someone that is made for us. We don't get to choose, but we do have a little say. There is a connection between vampire and 'chosen one' a bond that can never be broken. That's what I meant when I said you were mine." I thought about this then asked, "So this connection-" he chuckled. "It's the reason you love me though you barely know me. When I- when I bit you, I finalized the connection, making you feel for me as I do you." I smiled "So, you love me?" I asked teasing. "Yes" he answered. "Why?" I asked. "Too many reasons" he said. "According to books I've read, I've got plenty of time. Humor me." He shook his head and smiled. "Fine, how about I tell you one reason each day until we die?" I nodded. "Good" he said. I continued with my questions.

"Do we only eat animals?"

"Well, we as a, uh, 'family' do, we don't want to hurt people."

"Alright, how long have you known me?"

"Well Avery, you see, the moment you were born I felt a bond. I've been watching you grow for 18 almost 19 years. You don't always see me, but I've always been there." I smiled, knowing he was always protecting me made me feel good in a way.

"What's your last name?" I asked, I'd feel better if I knew before kissing him again. He smiled, reading my thoughts.

"Malik" he said.

"I like it" I said.

"Good, I hope to make it yours" he smiled and pulled me in for a kiss.

~~~~~~ Zayn~~~~~~

She had good questions, I could tell she was holding back, and I planned to answer all her questions eventually. I pulled her in for a kiss, long and slow, yet filled with so much want. I was the happiest I'd ever been. I really had been waiting my whole life for her. And now she was here, in my arms, loving me like I love her. There was a quiet knock on the door. "Yes" I said, pulling away from Avery. The door opened and I could see Sage's freckled face and red hair peep through. "Breakfast is ready if you want some" she said quietly. "Alright" I said, standing up.

"Do we eat food?" Avery asked.

"Yes, we don't need to but it tastes good so we do."

"I forgot to ask, is the thing about the sun true?" I chuckled at her innocence. "I will show you after breakfast."

She smiled and I took her hand in mine, leading her to the living room and kitchen. We had stayed up all night. I bit her around midnight-ish and we've been here basically since. It's about 7, still dark out, but we vampires don't really concern ourselves with the time because for us it really doesn't matter, we have eternity and we don't sleep.

~~~~~~ Avery ~~~~~~

While Zayn and I kissed on the bed, the red haired girl told us breakfast was ready. I was a little confused, then Zayn told me about food. 'Who is she?' I thought. 'Sage' I heard him say in my mind. Again, I thought and made sure Zayn heard me, 'She's with the curly one right?' He chuckled then said aloud "Yeah, she's with the curly one." This happened as we were walking down the hall towards the kitchen. It smelled good, like bacon and pancakes. Everyone looked up. Zayn smirked at them. The curly haired one smiled and snorted, showing off cheeky dimples. Sage stood by him, watching me thoughtfully. "I'm Sage, but I'm sure Zayn told you that." She said. "Hello, Sage, I'm Avery." The blonde one laughed "We know! You're all Zayn here ever talks about!!!" I smiled. And looked at him, eyebrows raised. Everyone began to laugh. "Sorry for the rudeness earlier." The perky guy said. "I'm Louis, this is Layla" Layla smiled and did a little wave, her mouth full. I smile at them both. The curly one said "I'm Harry, and you met Sage already." She nudged him teasingly and he kissed her forehead. "I'm Niall, this is Violet." said the blonde one, who was with the short haired girl. They both smiled, and I returned it. "I'm Liam, this is Elizabeth" I nodded politely. "You can call me Beth" she said, "everyone else does."

"Hello Beth" I said.

"Now you know the family!" Zayn said looking at everyone. "I like her" Lou said, eyeing me approvingly. "Thank you Louis." Zayn said. "Yeah, I like you too." I said and he smiled. Zayn kissed my head before grabbing a plate for both him and me.