All My Life ch. 3

~~~~~~ Avery ~~~~~~

I walked out of the kitchen, Zayn followed me. I smiled at Jason,

"Sorry about that" I said calmly, "that was very rude of me. I'm Avery, it's nice to meet you" he smiled back and shook my outstretched hand.

"You as well Miss Malik"

Zayn chuckled as I tried to tell Jason that we weren't married.

"No, Jason, he's just my boyfriend..."

"But you are getting married right?"

"Someday" Zayn cut in. I looked at him, he winked.

"Alright, good. I think you should."

"I do too" Zayn said. Jason smiled again, happy to be right I assume.

Zayn stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"You're doing great" he whispered before kissing the spot where my jaw met my ear.

"I'm going to explode"

"Your fine. Don't worry."

"I am worried"

"It's alright"

"Zayn"

"What?"

"I'm hungry"

"Alright, we could make something"

"No, you know what I mean"

"Alright, I'll politely excuse us, go change into something you don't mind getting dirty" he said as he walked into the living room. I walked down the hall into my room. I searched the closet for clothes I didn't mind wrecking, but found none. I then checked the dresser, nothing. I walked back down the hall.

"Sage" I said, trying to whisper but failing. She turned he head an raised her eyebrows.

"What?" She mocked my loud whispering.

"I need clothes."

"Hold on, I'll lay them out for you" she said. She closed her eyes.

"Go back to your room" she said. I did as I was told. My clothes were laid out on my bed. There was a piece of paper on my dresser, a pen was moving across it. I looked at the paper it said "your welcome xoxo Sage" I smirked. "Sage" I whispered under my breath. I changed into the clothes, leggings and an old ratty looking pullover sweatshirt. I did my hair in a long French braid. If someone saw me and didn't know what I was going to do, they might think I was out for a run, I thought as I looked at myself in the mirror. Just then, Zayn appeared in my doorway.

"Well, you sort of are going for a run"

"Yeah after an animal I'm going to drink the blood out of. I don't really think that's what people assume an 18 yea old girl is doing dressed this way"

He chuckled.

"Ready?" He asked, stretching his hand towards me.

"Ready" I took his hand and we walked down the hall and out the back door.

When we stepped outside, everything came alive. It was amazing. The air was damp, the creek flowed steadily and I could hear the forest beyond the creek teeming with life. I took a deep breath. I smelled the deer. Zayn looked at me. His pupils dilated as I'm sure mine had. He nodded and we took off. I took the creek in a single bound. Landing gently on the soft earth on the other side before taking off once more. I was fast, but Zayn was faster. I trailed him. We slowed as we approached the deer, stalking it silently. Stealthily, Zayn jumped out of the brush and took it down. I followed but allowed him to eat first, though he insisted I eat before him.

"You caught it" I said, desperately trying to control myself.

He shrugged and ate. After he finished it was my turn. I fed and we left the deer. I could already hear the coyotes coming to finish it off.

~~~~~~ Zayn ~~~~~~

We walked back to the house leisurely hand in hand, as we always did. We didn't talk much, we didn't ever really. We had an eternity together and there were only so many things to say. Avery was never really a big talker anyway, neither was I. We didn't really need to talk. Just being with each other was enough. She looked at me, her green eyes sparkling, the red gone from her irises.

"Are we going to get married?" She asked.

"I certainly hope so" I said.

"When?"

"Whenever you want"

"I want you to surprise me. Like normal people"

"We aren't normal people"

"I know, I've just always dreamed at a special proposal. A surprise that I know is coming. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean"

She got up to her tiptoes and kissed my cheek. I grabbed her an pulled her close, lifting her off the ground and bringing her face right in front of mine. I kissed her softly on the mouth.

********* unedited so please excuse any errors! I kept my promise! I hope you all enjoy it! Night lovelies! *********