All My Life ch 9

~~~~~~Avery~~~~~~

I closed my eyes and bit my lip.

"Damn" I thought.

Zayn chuckled and pressed his lips to my neck. I lifted my chin towards the ceiling.

He turned and laid next to me, eyes watching me intently.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing" he said, and wrapped me in his arms.

I cuddled in to his side, my face on his chest. I wrapped my arm over his torso, gripping by his hip bone. He kissed my head and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. I lifted my head to look at him and he just smiled.

Simple and perfect.

I closed my eyes. When I opened them, Zayn was staring at me with a concerned look on his face.

"You.... Slept." He said.

~~~~~~Zayn~~~~~~

She slept. Eyes closed, asleep. I have never in my years seen a vampire do that. Ever. It's completely unheard of.

"You slept."

"I what?"

"Slept. Like a human."

"Really?"

"Uh, yeah"

"Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"Because I didn't know what to do! So I just stayed where I was and kept still."

"Zayn-"

"Has this happened before?"

"I used to sleep all the time." She said smartly.

I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I mean."

"No, well, kinda. One time I have a daydream with my eyes closed. But I don't think I was actually sleeping."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why is it such a big deal?"

"Because vampires aren't supposed to do that!"

"Is there something wrong with me?"

"We are gonna go find out. Put on some clothes. And dress for cold weather. Like scarves and whatnot."

"Where are we going?"

"Just trust me."

~~~~~~Avery~~~~~~

Now I was scared. I walked to my dresser and pulled out jeans and a black long sleeve. I put them on and walked to the mirror.

I hardly looked acceptable to go out into the public.

I went it the closet and searched for a loose grey sweatshirt and a burgundy beanie. After a few minutes of searching, success. I grabbed my black on black converse and went back to the mirror.

Not great, but better. I threw on some makeup and called it good.

I walked down the hall to the living room and kitchen, everyone was staring at me. Like my first day all over again.

Nobody muttered a word, nobody dare make a sound.

"So you... Slept." Sage looked at me apprehensively, like I had done something horrifically wrong.

"Yeah. I uh, I guess. I don't know."

"You slept." Zayn said.

"Isn't that... odd?" Layla asked.

"It could be, it could be good too. I have no idea. I've never heard of anything like this." Beth said, being one of the oldest, we all took her word for it. Liam stood close but slightly behind her, backing her up.

"Could it be like a gift? Beneficial? A good thing for her? ...and maybe us too?" Zayn's eyes were a bit wide, everyone was quiet.

"Maybe." Beth said again.

"How can we find out?" Zayn asked Beth.

"I think you know." She answered, and speaking wearily she said "go see him."

Zayn closed his eyes an let out a long breath.

"Go see who?" I looked around. They all stared at their feet and shuffled awkwardly. They are hiding something... someone.

********** short, not very good, and INCREDIBLY late. Sorry everyone! Cross country is almost over and then I will be posting more often and better/longer chapters/chapter parts. I hope all of you are enjoying the story and thank you all so much for staying with me! I love you all. **********