All My Life ch. 7

Chapter 7

~~~~~~ Zayn ~~~~~~

Though Avery lay next to me, I knew her mind was far away, thinking of her brother. I allowed her the privacy of her thoughts, knowing she needed time.

"What is going to happen?" She whispered.

"As soon at the sun comes up, we will go and find Mark"

"Why do we have to wait?"

"Jeremiah is weaker in the day, he only eats at night. He doesn't have enough fuel. We will hunt quickly on the way so we will be strong enough to beat him"

"Will he be alone?"

"No, he's never alone."

Goosebumps rose on her skin.

"Can we take him, them?"

"I hope so."

~~~~~~ Avery ~~~~~~

I couldn't take it. The thought that I could lose the people I care about most, Mark, Harry, Sage, Niall, Violet, Louis, Layla, Liam, Beth... And Zayn ate me up inside. I couldn't let them risk their lives for my brother. That's why I had to go alone. I had to sneak away, I had to do something. All I knew was I needed Isabelle to show me the way. I looked at Zayn. He looked distant, lost in his own thoughts.

'Good' I thought, 'if he's lost in his own thoughts he's not reading mine.'

"Does anyone want food?" Niall asked. "I mean, I just feel like eating."

Everyone mumbled a response that resembled a no. He ate anyway.

"It makes him feel better." Beth said, "it makes him feel human. He misses food." She said half smiling. I half smiled back.

"Zayn" Isabelle said.

He looked at her with eyes like daggers.

"What. Isabelle." He spit the words out at her like poison.

"I need to talk to you."

"No"

"Fine. I just want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I blamed all of you for losing Josh. I'm sorry I turned Mark. But Jeremiah said I had too. It was the only way. He said that Mark was my chosen one. And he would make me happy again. He said it would get better."

"Is he your chosen one?"

"I think..."

"We have to go." Zayn said, looking at the sky as it slowly got brighter.

We all stood in the living room, all the tension could be cut with a knife. We looked at eachother and nodded before taking off out the back door.

After we hunted we regrouped in a clearing.

"Isabelle, we have to trust you."

"I won't let you down." She said.

"Follow me."

We all nodded again and followed her.

I don't know how many miles we ran, probably close to 50 or more, before we slowed down. Isabelle turned to face us. She had a look on her face that made me uneasy, I could tell Zayn didn't like it either. She walked to a tree and knocked 4 times, a part of the ground shifted to reveal a staircase. She began to walk down. The rest of us stayed up top. There were whispers of goodbye.

"This can't be goodbye" I said, feeling like I might be able to cry.

"It won't be" Zayn said. He took me in his arms, wrapping them around me and kissing my head.

"I love you" I said.

"I love you too."

Everyone was hugging, it was one of the saddest things I had ever seen.

I kept thinking how the last time I saw my brother may have been the last time I would ever see him, alive.

Zayn took my hand as we descended into the dark underground. We walked down at least 4 flights of stairs. It was cold looking and damp and water dropped from the ceiling. Roots poked out in random places and rocks were scattered on the floor. It was silent, completely silent.

Then we heard him screaming.

**********hey guyyyyssss(: in case you couldn't tell this isn't edited. I'm thinking about starting the next story soon (Sage and Harry) but I'm not sure. I have lots of ideas still! Everyone please go and follow my twitter, it's the same as on here @dimples183 !!! Love you all! Goodnight loves and I hope you enjoyed this part of chapter 7(: **********

OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKAYLA I LOVE YOU!!!!! This chapter is kinda for you but, well ya know so is the next book so.... Bye.