Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Percy's POV

Today, April 13, was the baby's due date. Annabeth and I were going out to dinner. She didn't want to cook. So we decided to go out.

It's was 7:30 in the morning. I woke up early. Earlier than Annabeth for once. She was asleep. I looked at her. She looked adorable as she slept. I ran downstairs to make breakfast.

I was flipping pancakes when Annabeth came down the stairs. She was singing my favorite song while looking at her belly.

Wise men say

only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you

I joined in and hugged her.

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes,

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand

My whole life too

Cause I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes,

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand

My whole life too

Cause I can't help falling in love with you

But I can't help

Falling in love with you

Annabeth sat down at the table while I put syrup on the pancakes. I started talking to the babies.

"I'm going to be your daddy. We're going to have so much fun when you're born."

Annabeth laughed. It always warmed my heart to hear her laugh. I smiled.

"Percy what are we naming the babies?"

"I'm not sure, Annabeth."

"I really like Hailey Sophia and Bethany Silena."

"Those are pretty."

"Yeah, maybe for the boy Nicholas Charles."

"Ok, one down, one to go."

"Yep."

After eating breakfast, a slow song played on the radio.

"May I have this dance, milady?" I asked Annabeth and held out my hand.

"Of course."

We danced like we had on the day we started dating. Romantically, lovingly and hopefully. We danced until it was time to go to the restaurant.

Annabeth and I drove to the restaurant. We had a reserved table and sat down there. Annabeth ordered one large plate of spaghetti, so I decided that I would share. We laughed and talked at the restaurant, kissed a few times.

"Percy, let's go to the beach."

"Sure, but we should get our swimsuits."

"Ok."

We drove home. Then grabbed our swimsuits from the cabinet and ran back to the car. Then drove to the beach.

We changed into our bathing suits, and I remembered how beautiful and wonderful my wife was. I carried her, then threw her into the water. No one else was there, we had the beach to ourselves. After swimming and laughing, and just enjoying each other, we drove home.

Annabeth and I took a shower, and changed. Then went to bed. I thought about how much I loved her. She was perfect. She was mine.