Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Annabeth's POV

We went to Greece for our honeymoon. Uncle Zeus gave us airfare to go. Percy had a major fear of planes and heights.

"So Percy, looking forward to the honeymoon?" I asked.

"No."

"What? Why?"

"I don't like planes."

"That's new."

"Thanks. You're helping my fear."

"No problem."

He smiled.

"That's why I love you Mrs. Jackson."

"Love you too, Mr. Jackson."

We boarded the plane and put our luggage in the compartment. When we sat down, we buckled in and I took out a book to read. Percy was gripping the seat and watching a movie.

After the plane took off, Percy fell asleep almost immediately. I chuckled and continued reading my book. Then I fell asleep next to my husband.

An hour after I woke up, we landed. I nudged Percy to wake him up.

"Huh? Wha?"

"Percy, we landed."

"Ok."

"Come on let's go."

"Just five more minutes."

"Come on Percy."

"Fine, ok."

We got off the plane with our luggage. Our hotel was far from the airport, so we rented a car and drove there.

After an hour, we arrived at the hotel. The hotel was beautiful. Ancient Greek columns and marble flooring. Leather couches on the side. We walked up to the person at the desk.

"Hi. How may I help you? My name is Sarah."

"Hi Sarah. We need to find our hotel room. Do you know where it is?" I asked her.

"What room?"

"233."

"Ok. Take the elevator to the second floor, then turn left."

"Thanks, have a great day!"

"You too!"

She was really nice. I ought to give her a tip sometime. Percy and I reached the hotel room. It was not really big , but not really small. Somewhere in the middle.

There was a small kitchen, bedroom, living room, two bathrooms, and a terrace. I dropped the stuff on the floor and ran to the terrace. I opened the door and took in the fresh air. Percy was behind me. He sneakily put his arm around my waist and kissed me. We enjoyed the view for a little while.

After unpacking, we decided to explore. We used the car we rented to travel. Now being an architect, I was obsessed with the buildings.

First we went to go see the Parthenon. As my husband put it, I was 'going on and on about the amazing structure.' Then we went to Knossos to see old ruins. They were beautiful. Then some temples of Zeus and Hephaestus. The architecture, marvelous! Then the Agora. It was basically a shopping center for Ancient Greece. We went to visit a bunch of other architectural sites and I was having so much fun and snapping pictures. Percy looked bored. Then he brightened when I read the next destination, Kalamaki.

We drove back home to get our swimsuits. We took them out of the cabinet and threw our swimsuits into a bag. We hooped into the car and drove to there.

Once we got their, we changed. I wore a sky blue two-piece swimsuit. It was the only one I had, seeing as how I don't go to the beach that often. Percy wore dark blue swimming trunks. We laid a blanket on the sand and sat on it. I set up the small picnic we were having, but then suddenly Percy picked me up and carried me to the water.

"Percy! What are you do-"

He threw me into the water. Luckily I knew how to swim. I surfaced to find him right next the me.

"Ahh!" I screamed.

He laughed. And I tried to out-swim him and with water

"Oh yeah, Annabeth?"

"Bring it on, Percy."

He splashed a lot of water on me, some how. I tried to get some on him back he just started swimming away.

After an hour, we swam back ashore. We sat on the blanket, admiring the sunset. My head was on his shoulder. We sang our favorite song together.

Wise men say

only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes,

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand

My whole life too

Cause I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes,

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand

My whole life too

Cause I can't help falling in love with you

But I can't help

Falling in love with you

Then, the sand next to me started forming a small hole. A few seconds later, I saw a tiny baby sea turtle poking its head through the sand. I gasped and nudged my husband.

"Percy! Look!"

"What? Oh... They're so cute."

"Do you have a flashlight?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Baby sea turtles ding the water by the light of the moon. Maybe we can help them."

"Oh. Ok."

He tossed me a flashlight and shone it close to the water. So did I. We watched the little turtles crawl towards the water and I prayed they would be safe. After helping the turtles, we laid down and looked at the stars.

"Beautiful, aren't they." I said.

"Just like you." Then he kissed me.

We packed up and drove back to the hotel. Once we got in the room, Percy ran to the bathroom and took a shower in one of the bathrooms. I showered in the other one.

Then we changed into our pjs.

"Goodnight, Mrs. Jackson."

"Night, Mr. Jackson. "

We went to bed.