Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Annabeth's POV

Today we were throwing a party at camp for Katie's birthday. The rest of the girls and I were running around, putting up decorations.

"Thalia, do you have any streamers?" I shouted.

"Nope, Rachel might!" she replied.

"Yeah I have them!" Rachel yelled.

"Great." I said.

"Piper, how the cake?" I asked.

"Fine, but I need help!" Piper yelled.

"Ok, I'm coming! Thalia, Clarisse, and Rachel, finish the decorations. I'm helping Piper."

"Sure, Annabeth." They responded.

I burst through the kitchen doors. Piper was frosting, but one layer was in the oven and almost done.

"Piper, go get the cake. I'll frost."

"Thanks, Annabeth."

"No problem."

Piper ran to the oven. I grabbed a butter knife and grabbed a bunch load of frosting. I smeared it all over the cake as neatly as possible. The frosting was green, like grass, Katie's favorite color. Piper came over the me running. She held a plain cake and dropped it in top of the one I finished.

"Come on Annabeth. Frost that while I make the fondant flowers."

"Sure Piper."

I was frosting the top layer and different color, more of a forest green. Piper busied herself by making the fondant flowers. I finished before she and ran to help her.

When we finished, we had more than 20 flowers. Piper and I stuck then in random places on the cake. It looked beautiful.

We came out of the kitchen with flour all over us.

"What happened to you guys?" Thalia questioned.

"Baking." Piper said.

The boys came in. They carried bags full on gifts. They laid them on the table that was set up. The living room looked great. Streamers hung by the window. A banner on the wall. Two tables decorated with balloons. There was confetti everywhere. Rachel ran out the door to get Katie. We all hid in random places. I hid next to the door. Travis hit the light switch.

The door creaked open a little bit. 3, 2, 1. Then the door opened fully.

"Surprise!" We all jumped out from our hiding spots.

Katie's smile was wider than I'd ever seen her. She was wearing a bright green dress that went down to her knees. She wore no makeup, but looked stunning.

"Wow! You guys remembered!" Katie said in amazement.

"How could we forget?" Leo asked her.

We all laughed. Leo turned on the radio. Everyone started dancing. Leo and Percy were trying to sing, but were horribly out of tune. We all laughed again. Jason and Piper were sitting down talking.

Finally, it was time to blow the cake. Piper and I led Katie to the table, where her cake was sitting. We all sang.

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday, dear Katie,

Happy birthday to you

Katie blew out her candles. She was 16 today. We all danced, sang, and laughed some more. We led Katie to the gifts table. She picked up the first present she saw and opened it.

"It's a stuffed butterfly!." Butterflies were her favorite.

She opened more gifts. From one of the boys, she got a singing flower. We all a laughed at that.

Once Katie finished opening her presents, Percy walked up to me.

"Hey Annabeth, wanna go to the beach?"

"Sure, let me just change." I told him.

"Ok."

We changed into our swimsuits and ran to the beach. Percy lifted me up and threw me into the water. He jumped in after me. We laughed and swam in the salty water. It's didn't seem to bother Percy. When the water was getting cold, I ran to the shore. Percy followed me. We sat there looking at the beautiful sunset. The sun touched the water and turned many different colors. It was marvelous.

Percy sat in front of me. He had a guitar with him. He started playing a tune and singing.

Wise men say

only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes,

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand

My whole life too

Cause I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes,

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand

My whole life too

Cause I can't help falling in love with you

But I can't help

Falling in love with you

"Annabeth, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I was supposed to get married to someone else. How could I say no to him.

"Yes Percy!" I leaned over and kissed him. We sat down and watched the sunset and it beautiful colors. When the sun sank into the night, the stars came out.

"Look Percy, the stars."

They were beautiful, and sparkled like diamonds. We laid on the sand, looking at the stars.

An hour later, Percy sat up, looked down at me and kissed me. I kissed him back. We were so happy in that moment. He got up took a hold of my hand and we walked back to Camp. Everyone else was snickering at us. I smiled.

Percy drove me home after the party. He dropped me off at the door and gave me a goodnight kiss. I walked inside. As usual, mother wasn't here. I ran to my room, changed into my pjs and slid into bed. As I laid there, I thought about Percy. He was now my boyfriend, we are now dating. Today was the happiest day of my life. I could envision a future for us. I want our future to be exactly like that, happy and fun.

I love you, Percy.