Chapter 28 - Walmart

Kellin's POV
Five Years Later – Saturday

When I said 'and never look back' all those years ago, Jinx and I had really stuck to it. We never looked back. We were always looking forward to our future, which was a nice thing since I knew she would be in it. Ever since that night I'd kissed her we had never gone back to being 'just friends.'

Sometimes we fought, but it was always over silly things. The same kind of arguments we would have when we were teens.

At the moment, our lives were going pretty good. Jinx had gotten an apprenticeship as a tattooist four years ago, and had been promoted to a proper tattooist three years ago. I had gotten a new band together four years ago and we just released our second album last week, so we were gearing up to go on tour for the rest of the year.

Jinx and I still lived with Ricky, although there wasn't usually a time where we were both home. Either he was on tour, or I was on tour and Jinx was with me. I never left Jinx behind when I went on tour, as it was way to long for us to survive without each other.

My parents moved over three years ago too, only a fifteen minute drive away from our house. It was good to have them so close. They were so happy when they found out Jinx and I were together.

Just now, I was going to surprise Jinx. She didn't know we were going on tour so early. I'd packed her things for her – an experience way more enjoyable than it should have been – before tossing them onto our tour bus, picking up the rest of the band members, crew members, tour manager, and then parked next door to the tattoo parlour.

I got out of the bus and knocked excitedly on the window of the tattoo parlour. Jinx wasn't tattooing anyone, she was just talking to one of the other tattooists behind the counter. She turned around and arched an eyebrow when she saw me standing there. I jumped three times fast and she couldn't help but laugh; making my heart swell. I loved making her feel happy.

Jinx stood up, but instead of going to the door, she came to the window. I placed my hand to the glass and she rolled her eyes at me before doing the same.

"What are you doing here?" Her muffled voice asked. "Aren't you meant to be at band practice?"

I grinned. "We're going on tour again!" I exclaimed.

Jinx's smile widened. "Great! When are we leaving?"

"Now!"

She laughed. "What?"

"The tour bus is right outside, and I packed all your stuff for you!"

"Did you remember my favourite blanket?"

"Of course!" I replied, proudly.

Jinx pursed her lips. "How about the green hair dye I bought last week?"

"Uh..." I gulped. "Yup!" If just buy her a new one and act like I remembered it.

"Wait here."

Then she walked away from the window again and talked to her colleague. For a moment I thought he wasn't going to let her go, but he relented in the end. She smiled, thanked him, and then finally emerged out the door. I leapt at her and smothered her in my arms, before pulling away and attempting to kiss her. She dodged my lips.

"Give me a kiss." I whined.

Jinx rubbed her chin as if she was thinking about it, and then shook her head. "No, because you forgot my green hair dye."

"I didn't forget it! It's in the tour bus!"

"One chance to tell me the truth or no kisses for a month." Jinx teased.

"Fine I forgot it!" I exclaimed.

"No kisses for five months." Jinx said.

She turned around and started to walk toward the tour bus. I came up behind her and slapped her arse playfully. "Whatever. You can't resist me." I said smugly.

Jinx sighed. "I know." She gave me a long lingering kiss, before we climbed onto the tour bus.

In that moment, as I looked at all my band members, and my girl, I couldn't have been happier. I had everything I wanted. There was nothing about my life that I didn't love, and that was very lucky. I loved my parents. I loved my girl. And maybe one day we would have our own little family.

I honestly didn't care what happened – as long as Jinx was always there. I knew we would always make it through whatever challenges were thrown at us.

I would never admit it to anyone, or try it until after this tour when I could buy her a ring, but I'd already planned the way I would propose. In Walmart of course.

__________

Okay. So, I just want to say; I think I did okay writing Jinx's character. I usually make my girl characters pretty feminine, because I'm not very feminine myself and I wish I was... So this was a change. Let me know what you think anyway. I had a lot of fun writing this.. c: 

I shall get to work writing a new book... But I'm gonna have a break first. Bai Unitatoes~!