Chapter 23 - You Get Romance, You Get Romance, We All Get Romance!

Kellin's POV

Two Weeks Later - Monday

Late that night, Ricky and I crept into the spare room Jinx was staying in, with a black marker. We could barely contain our laughter.

Earlier that day, she had caught me staring at her, and said; 'Jesus. The way I catch you staring at me sometimes, you'd think I had a mustache, a monocle, and a fucking goatee!' So we decided to make her have those features.

I carefully pressed the marker to her face, trying to be quiet, so as not to wake her up.

She stirred a few times and came dangerously close to waking, but then would submerge into sleep again, making Ricky and I breathe out sighs of relief.

Over the past two weeks, things had been going good. Meeting Ricky in person was cool. Jinx and I had even gone to some of his band practices to watch, and they were really good. He'd given me some ideas for who to form my band with too.

It was so nice of him to let us stay in his house. It was a rental, so that meant he was paying for us. He said when we got jobs we could split the pay evenly and keep living together.

"Kellin?" She murmured questioningly, just as I finished, in her sleepy voice. She wasn't awake. I tossed the pen back to Ricky, admiring my work. "Kellin..." She said again, smiling.

Ricky arched an eyebrow. I blushed.

Then she reached out and wrapped her arms around my waist, yanking me down onto the bed next to her. My blush deepened and my eyes widened. What was she doing? What did this mean? Was she asleep?

Yes. This meant nothing. Nothing, at all; she was simply unable to control her actions because she was asleep.

Right?

"Better leave you two alone." Ricky smirked. I shook my head, and tried to get up, but her grip around me only tightened. He saw this and rolled his eyes. "She wants you so bad, and you do too. It's so obvious. How long are you going to keep up the 'just friends' game?"

To that I had no response. Did he really think she liked me? Did she? He chuckled at my dumbfounded expression, and left.

I gently took her arms from around me and managed to stand up again, miraculously without waking her. There was nothing I would want more than to lay with her and fall asleep, but I felt like morning would be something awful when she woke up and yelled at me for creeping into her bed, and being a pervert.

But, as I stood up, I couldn't help but turn around and plant a soft kiss on her forehead as I smoothed her hair back.

"Your so beautiful. Even with your poorly drawn mustache, monocle, and goatee." I murmured.

Then I retreated from her bedside, and went into the room I shared with Ricky. He was on his phone in his bed. He looked up at me, seeming disappointed.

"You didn't stay with her even though she wanted you to?" He asked.

"She wasn't fully awake." That only made him smirk, and I could tell he was about to say something that would make me blush.

"Oh, so she was dreaming about you then?" He grinned mischievously. "Kellin, Kellin!" He moaned, mocking her voice.

"Dude, don't." I said, my face completely red. "That is so fucking weird."

Ricky put his hands up in surrender, dropping his phone. "No homo. I'm just imitating her."

"She didn't even say it like that."

He cut in with another remark. "But you want her to say it like that."

I didn't deny it. I just laid down on the mattress and pulled the covers up over me, staring at the ceiling. Ricky was right, how much longer were we going to play the 'just friends' game? The only thing was, I didn't know if it was a game to her or not.

The craving I felt for her was starting to get ridiculous. I needed to do something. I promised myself I would do something in a few weeks, and I'd already broken that promise.

"I think I love Jinx." I said aloud.

"Wow, did you work that out on your own?" Ricky said sarcastically. "If you love her, why aren't you doing anything?"

I frowned. "It might be easy for you, but it's not for me. And we've been best friends for ages, I don't know how she'll react if I try something. I don't want to lose her altogether."

"Knowing Jinx, she would have ditched you a long time ago if she didn't like you. Jinx doesn't have friends that are guys, Kellin. Unless they're family. She's terrified of guys."

"Why?" I asked suspiciously. I'd never heard her say anything about being scared of dudes. She better not be hiding something big from me...

Ricky shrugged. "She always has been since she was born. Hates 'em, and she's not even a feminist." He paused and looked to me. "She's afraid she'll find a guy and fall in love, but he'll hurt her. That's what happened to her mom."

"So you think that's why she's holding back?" I asked.

"Definitely." He nodded. "All you need to do is make a move, and she won't be able to resist. She just needs a nudge in the right direction. She won't do anything if you don't first."

I sighed. "And there's the hard part."

"It's not hard." He said. "Your a singer. Sing her a song."

"No." I scoffed. "She hates romance."

He stifled a laugh. "Is that what she told you? So she looked like she had thick skin?" He let out his laughter. I waited for him to explain. "She grew up reading romance novels, because she didn't have any romance of her own. She fucking loves romance."

I learnt something new about her every day. There she was again, surprising me. She liked romance? Oh, I'd give her romance.

__________

'Kellin's gonna give her da romance ;)