Chapter 22 - Severing Ties

Kellin's POV

Friday

I stopped the car outside my flat and got out nervously. I could see all their cars in the driveway; telling me I wouldn't be able to escape them. They could be angry, or worried. I was thinking both. I mean, in total I'd missed nearly two hundred calls from them all. 

When I opened the door, only Nick and Gabe were in the lounge, gaming. Their heads shot up when the door opened. 

"Kellin." They said, relieved. "Where have you been dude? Are you alright?"

I pursed my lips and shrugged. "I'm fine. I went to my parents." Nervously, I decided to just tell them outright, instead of making a big deal over it. "I'm, uh, just here to get my stuff. I'm leaving."

Their jaws dropped. "What? No! You can't! If it's about the letter, Justin's been feeling really guilty for burning it. He's sorry." Gabe pleaded. 

"Besides, where else do you have to go?" Nick asked. 

"I'm going to England." 

They looked stressed now. So stressed they abandoned their favorite game, dropping their controllers and standing up. "You can't do this man. What about the band?"

"It's not hard to replace a singer. You can come with me if you want."

"Well, unlike you, not all of us can just drop everything and run off to England." Justin said as he emerged from his room, Jack behind him. However, he didn't say it in a mean way, he said it in a sad, joking kind of tone. 

I felt sorry for him before I remembered what an asshole he had been about the letter. Not even letting me speak

"Look, I'm s-"

I cut him off mid-sentence. "I know your sorry." I said awkwardly. 

"What did you want to say before?" He asked. 

"When..?" I replied, confused. 

He looked uncomfortable now. "When we were fighting. You wanted a chance to explain, but I was just angry... I'm not anymore... so, now you can talk."

Your a few days late to say that, mate. 

I took the chance to explain anyway. "Well, that was Jinx's letter she sent me after she ran off. That was the last thing I had left of her." Suddenly he looked more remorseful than before, but still confused. "I wrote a letter on the other side but... It was just because I had to get my thoughts down... and because I couldn't get to sleep."

"I'm such an idiot." Justin muttered. "I was selfish, and I'm so, so fucking sorry..." He added desperately. "I was just worried that she would get in the way of things with the band, like she did when we were younger."

"She never 'got in the way.'" I said. "She was the one who pressed me to get into a band in the first place."

Justin didn't want to argue, so he didn't say anything. I didn't want to accept his apology so I didn't say anything. I just walked into the room I shared with Gabe, and started packing my things in my suitcases.