Chapter 16 - From Jinx

Kellin's POV

Monday

My eyes were so sore. I had spent the whole night reading Jinx's letter, over and over and over again, going through so many different emotions. Anger at what she was saying. Confused because it made no sense. Sad because she basically just confirmed she wasn't coming back.

To Kellin.

I'm not very good at writing letters, and it took me ages to write this because I don't know what to say other than 'I'm sorry.' I know I walked out on you without saying goodbye, and I know you must be really angry at me right now.

I can't tell you where I am, because I don't want you to come after me. I think it's best that we part ways. Your a great guy, you've done more for me than you know, and for that I thank you. But it's time to move on.

We're to different for this to work; I don't want to mess up your dreams with my life. You have a great future ahead of you and I hope you live to your best.

From Jinx

P.S. Don't worry about me.

I dissected the letter again. The first paragraph; I could almost see the guilty expression on her face. I was more upset and disappointed than angry at her.

The second. She thought it was best that we part ways?! Maybe it was for her, but it definitely wasn't for me. Look what it had done to me so far. At that part of the letter I was annoyed, but then I was sad again as she said it was time to move on. She was really serious about not seeing me...

Lastly, I got the impression she was doing the classic; 'I'm doing this to protect you.' If only she could see me now. She'd know I was far from happy, or protected. Her last words gave me a strange sense of determination. I wanted to live to my best; just like she said. I wanted to become famous, a star, so that maybe I could convince her to come back.

But I wasn't sure how I could make it through without her.

Then she told me not to worry. I wasn't sure if I was exactly worried, more like I was upset that she left. I knew she could take care of herself.

That morning, I held the letter in my hand, and it felt like it weighed a thousand tons.

Questions whirled around in my head. Should I show anyone the letter? She didn't tell me not to. But she didn't say it would be okay either.

For the time being, I decided to keep it to myself.

I was keeping a lot to myself recently.

My door opened, and I quickly hid the letter under my blankets. My mother's worried face peeked through the door.

"Sweetie, can we talk?" She asked. I could see my dad behind her too.

"Sure." I said, confused.

They came into my room and sat down next to me. I knew something was up. They didn't like being serious, but that was what they were portraying.

"We've been really worried about you." My mom started. "What your doing isn't abnormal after whats happening with Jinx and all, but still..." She started to tear up a little so my dad took over.

"We just love you so much, okay?" He said. "And we think you should see a counselor, because we hate seeing you like this."

My face screwed up at the thought. I didn't know how I felt about counselling.

"Guys..." I said uncomfortably. "I don't know if that's such a good idea."

"Please?" My mom said. "Please can you at least try it a few times before you say no." I looked at my mom's face, laced with concern and worry.

"Fine." I said. I'd do it for them.

Soon after, my mom burst into tears again and we all had a family hug. They kept saying 'I love you,' and 'you can get through this,' over and over.

As I heard the paper of Jinx's letter crinkling under the blankets, I hugged my parents closer. They were the ones that loved me. They were the ones that cared. They were the ones who would never turn their backs on me, no matter what.

They would always be there.

With those thoughts in mind, I later tossed Jinx's letter into the closet and closed the door on it, on her, just like she had done to me. She didn't care enough to stay. So why should I care enough to dwell on it?

If she couldn't even say goodbye to my face then maybe she wasn't the kind of person I needed in my life.

__________

No Kellin... Don't give up... :(